Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Unhappy What do I do? 11gallon tank problems

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi everyone, I am a newbie to this site. I have a 11 gallon tank, with sand substrate. A few days ago, I had 2 cories, 1 loach, 2 dwarf puffers. 2 bumbleebee gobies and 7 tiger barbs. I didnt let the nitrogen cycle take place before adding any fish as the auntie at c328 told me to use Microbe Life Xtreme, which destroys chloramine and chlorine, etc. And I could immediately add fish. So I added them. However, the next day, one of my puffers died. Followed by 3 tiger barbs the following day. So my dad moved the remaining 4 tiger barbs into the larger pond outside. Now in my tank, there are 2 cories, 1 loach, 1 puffer and 2 gobies. Is there any more fish i can add? Or what can I do now? Thanks so much!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: What do I do? 11gallon tank problems

Hi,

Based on my own experience, i used Seachem Prime to lock the ammonia, repeat every few days till the tank cycled. I think your was too heavily stocked.

Try to do water changes 30 - 50%, if you use ammonia test kit and measure quite high ppm. 2ppm - 4ppm maybe 50% water change.

Get beneficial bacteria. Dont use quickstart is what i advise. Maybe other brands.

This is just my humble opinion.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi James! Thanks for your reply! I will buy a test kit and let you know the results!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

If you have clean aged water available beforehand, you can immediately start to enjoy happy fish in your new tank. If you add chemicals, there's always the risk of chemical pollution caused by the by-products of chemical reactions thereby giving rise to complications.

After starting off with aged water, continue with daily water changes to dilute ammonia caused by fish poo and waste. In the meantime, bacteria in the filter will gradually propagate until they are able to handle a lot of ammonia. Then your water changes can be reduced in frequency and quantity. Always keep a lot of aged water handy.
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I suggest using Seachem Prime then doing a lot if water changes. However you should just leave the tank as it is. There are enough fishes already.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Does this make sense: ~Imperfect Past equals future tense~

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Do not introduce anymore fishes into the tank. As it will only increase the ammonia. Add nitrifying bacteria into the tank and let it cycle for a few weeks. I recommend ATM Outbreak.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

since you got API test kit, do daily test on your ammonia/Nirites and Nirates... for the mean time, get these 2 items(if available)

1) Seachem Prime--- that will convert both your Ammonia/Nirites to something less harmful to your fishes, also it can de-cholorine your water for daily water change.... do take note, its effect only last for 24hours or so(read somewhere before), hence daily dosing required

2) Seachem stability--- so called nitrifying bacteria solution.... that will aid your tank in its cycling.... actually if you dont dose this, its fine too... since nitrifying bacteria will grow once ammonia available and once its convert to nirites, nitrifying bacteria will grow too... just the time taklen for the process will take a while...

in short, top priority....try to dose prime to keep your fishes alive and let nature takes its course(Cycling)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I see, ok sure guys. I will get an API test kit, and Seachem Prime? Is that alright?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

be fast.... its damaging to fishes when expose to nirites/ammonia

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Ok sure! Will do

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk