Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Eheim Eco Pro 2036

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys, I was given the above filter n first time using. May I know is it normal that there is some air gap in the container especially just below the inlet n outlet when is running? I have been using 2217 for years n there is no air gap inside. Is it normal or I need to change the red rubber? 2036 is older version of 300? Thanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Eheim Eco Pro 2036

I dont have an Ecco Pro but have a 2211. Also experienced before air gap just below the pump head. By right there shouldn't be any air gap. What i do is i tilt the canister slightly to remove the air

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi, I did the tilt number of times but when I shine the light I can still see gap n still have the air bubble sound.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Ok here's a trick given to me by a LFS. What i do is, with the canister turned off, i attach my gravel cleaner (you can use any other hand pump) and attach it to the inlet flow pipe and began pumping water into the canister. This actually forces the air out of the canister. Once i see a fair amount of water comes out of outlet flow i turn on the canister. Along the way, i turn on and off the canister to allow the air to escape. Works for me, maybe you can try.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Will try again tonite. Thanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi guys, I just replaced the red rubber. Get it running n the water level in the canister is just 0.5cm above the ring sponge. Is it normal or it is suppose to fill up all the way like Eheim Classic? Any Ecco pro user can comment? Thanks

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I have an Ecco 2232 model running, no air trap inside. But if the canister is not leaking and no abnormal sound, I wouldn't be bother. It is probably just me

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks. So I guess something is wrong with my canister. Will check again

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Yeah, your Ecco 2036 is the old version of the newer Ecco Pro 300 (aka 2236).

By default there should not be a air gap and dripping/trickling sound in the filter when it is in operation. At most when its newly started up and primed there may be some air gap but a few shakes of the filter to release the air and letting it run for a day or two should gradually clear any trapped air at the impeller chamber.

You can also clear out trapped air from the filter by re-priming it even when its already filled with water. Make sure the filter is off, then slightly pull down and push up the handle again. You should see excess air being pushed out through the pipes.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks bro. I prime n broke the handle inner groove�� Will go n buy the handle n do yr method tonite

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Yup what bro UA mentioned is correct. Thats what i did for my 2211. Be careful with the handle stuff of the Ecco Pro. Heard some users breaking it. Also check your inlet see if there's any air leakage. Check for any other leakage also.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Johnson Tay, sms lingo replies are highly frowned upon in this forum. Take your time in structuring your reply in this forum. This hobby is not a race and there are no finishing line too! Appreciate if you would cooperate .
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Johnson Tay View Post
    Thanks bro. I prime n broke the handle inner groove�� Will go n buy the handle n do yr method tonite
    If you broke the handle because it was stuck and hard to move, then most likely the orange/red main o-ring seal either needs to be replaced or it just needs to be re-lubed. This is a very common issue with older filters and the source of most handle breakages, the o-rings are just dried up and stiff (most previous owners never maintain or re-lube the parts regularly).

I've bought over many 2nd hand filter units over the past few year, and whenever i buy used Ecco or Ecco Pro filter units, the main o-ring is the first thing i re-lube or replace so that it works properly.

Try to get silicone grease for aquarium filters (ie. Eheim silicone grease works best, the small packet can last a long time, only a small amount is used each time). Once you apply the lube on the main o-ring, the handle should be very easy to move smoothly, almost effortless. Handle breakages during normal usage will not occur anymore.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    Johnson Tay, sms lingo replies are highly frowned upon in this forum. Take your time in structuring your reply in this forum. This hobby is not a race and there are no finishing line too! Appreciate if you would cooperate .
    Noted. Will not do the sms lingo

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thank you Chester n UA. Today got the new handle n also the Eheim grease. I lube the new red rubber n really is easy to move. The air gap nearly gone but still there is abit at the top side. Will shake for the next few days n update again.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi guys, no more air trap in the canister anymore. Is the new red rubber n grease that helps. Thank again to everyone

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Good to hear that. What grease did you use?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Eheim grease in very small pack

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Where did you purchase it from?

Feedback Score
    Country