Hi guys,

Noticed that the new growth on some of my Ludwigia Repens is coming in white (pinkish?) and a little stunted. Just replanted the tops of a stalks (after the transition from emersed to submersed) about a week ago, back then all the tops were bright green. Most of the tops now are still bright green with the exception of 3 or 4 stems. When the plant was transitioning from emersed to submersed all new leaves were bright green, while the old leaves turned brown one by one and melted (I've discarded the emersed bases on only replanted submersed tops).

Ludwigia_WhiteTips.jpg

Anyway, my guess is Iron Chlorosis but maybe someone else here has a better idea of what's going on?

Here are some of my tank params/dosing scheme:
1. Inert substrate supplemented with Flourish Root Tabs
2. Following EI Dosing with Seachem Liquid Ferts (I calculated amounts using www.rotalabutterfly.com)
2.1 Macros (N - 5.7ml, P - 6.6ml, K - 7.9ml -> Sun, Tues, Thurs)
2.2 Micros (Flourish - 3ml -> Mon, Wed, Fri)
2.3 Flourish Iron (3ml -> Mon, Wed, Fri, 2ml -> Tues, Thurs, Sat, Sun) (Everyday alternating between 2ml and 3ml)
3. CO2 at about 20 - 40ppm (My drop checker ranges from dark bluish green when lights first turn on to yellowish green when CO2 is stopped)
3.1 Start CO2 at 3 seconds per bubble (0.33bps) 2 hours before lights on, stops 2 hours before lights off
4. Photoperiod of 8 hours, using Current USA Satellite+ (medium lighting at ~36par at substrate)
5. Using a small amount (about a handful) of coral chips to buffer the water.
5.1. About 2.5 - 3dkh and 8 - 10 GH (I'm guessing from the GH that calcium and magnesium shouldn't be a problem)

I'm switching to dry ferts once my liquid ferts run out (probably in no time since EI dosing uses so much of it at once), but in the mean time maybe I'm dosing something incorrectly.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.