Singapore

White mould or fungus issue in New tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all veteran and experts out there!
    Could you pls advise on my tank situation

Started about 3 weeks ago with dsm method and just flooded the tank 5 days ago.
    Uses the new seeding method for the foreground, some of the seeds didn't germinate and started moulding I guess.
    Had already try to remove those bigger mould/fungus seeds but the soil and other plant will get remove at the same time cause they stick together.

What is a better option now to improve this situation?? I added some horn nirate snails yesterday.

Please help:/

Many thanks!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: White mould or fungus issue in New tank

Mold appear after you filled it or before?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

If your tank is cycled, can try adding a group of shrimps... they could help eat up the mold or fungus growth.

Sometimes it will also just disappear on its own once the rotting matter (aka "food") is used up. Just takes time.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

It starts to boom after adding water??

Thank you Urban Aquaria and Ingen!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I have tried that seeds and at first they look quite awesome and very fast to grow as carpet..later the leaves became elongated and plants grow way too big.. I am sure you wont like it and suggest you to keep the light and ferts low.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I will second @Byeiksar's comment on the use of that particular type of seed too.

Fast growing at first, subsequently, the leaves and stems will become big, common, and almost ugly.

You'll hate your scape later and want to reset. But if you are an avid scaper who changes layout every other 3 months, then this would be a good choice of seeds for scaping.

By the way, I still have 2 bottles of these seeds left. I gave up the idea after trying it on a mini tank. Saw the plants grew eventually to become big and ugly, and in my honest opinion - F UGLY.

If you must have carpeting plants, I suggest using fissiden moss to scape. Some may say fissiden grow super slow, I used to think that too. But actually when they become established, they grow rather fast and orderly too.

just don't go high tech on these fissiden mosses and tolerate the slow growing phase in low tech. Once they acclimatise, they grow pretty fast too.