Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tinting of glass tank. Possible?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Tinting of glass tank. Possible?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I always have a goodly supply of aged water, as I don't use any chemicals to treat fresh tap water. Strict water change is the best way to keep fish thriving.
    Even if the tank is seasoned, if one slackens in water changing, the fish will suffer gradual deterioration.

Slackening in the water changing regime is a common cause of problems. Many hobbyists start to slacken when they have other priorities to attend to, resulting in sick fish and finally putting the empty tank in the store room.
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi Crimson83, the sentence 'Tiring but satisfy' best described how i feel! When i perform 20% water change every alternate days I'll get around 30ppm of nitrates while a daily 20% keeps mine at 5-10ppm. I house 25 goldfish in a 4 feet tank. Clearly overstocked LOL... But they seemed quite healthy...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hey tetrakid, coincidently we're like minded when it comes to negative pretreatment of chemicals to our water. However, aged water must be used for all water changes. I'll always standby 2 buckets of aged water. Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Wakin Goldfish View Post
    Hi Crimson83, the sentence 'Tiring but satisfy' best described how i feel! When i perform 20% water change every alternate days I'll get around 30ppm of nitrates while a daily 20% keeps mine at 5-10ppm. I house 25 goldfish in a 4 feet tank. Clearly overstocked LOL... But they seemed quite healthy...
    Haha, I just change my water yesterday, this morning I tested nitrate 80 ppm... It's rather depressing. So I quickly add seachem stability first. My mollies started to mate again.... Hope they don't get pregnant again....... I don't wish to increase my inhabitant anymore! ��

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hey tetrakid, coincidently we're like minded when it comes to negative pretreatment of chemicals to our water. However, aged water must be used for all water changes. I'll always standby 2 buckets of aged water. Cheers!
    Chemicals also can destroy good bacteria residing in the tank system. I also take good care of my bacteria by ensuring there's good oxygenation. Without good oxygenation, stagnating organic material stuck in the substrate will cause anaerobic rotting giving rise to stinking water.
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

If your fish is breeding shows you're doing something very right, continue what you've been doing. What other fish you've ever bred other than Mollies?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by tetrakid View Post
    Chemicals also can destroy good bacteria residing in the tank system. I also take good care of my bacteria by ensuring there's good oxygenation. Without good oxygenation, stagnating organic material stuck in the substrate will cause anaerobic rotting giving rise to stinking water.
    I did so by maximising surface agitation and providing adequate flow of water within

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

If your fish is breeding shows you're doing something very right, continue what you've been doing. What other fish you've ever bred other than Mollies?
    I saw eggs before but I'm not sure if it belongs to my Danios or red nose.. But seems the eggs didn't hatch.. Probably due to my parameters are not suitable or they are all eaten up. I know nothing about breeding as I enjoy watching my fish swimming around more, breeding is just an added bonus. And also, I like to take in homeless fish.. Providing them with a new home kinda sit right with me. So in the future what fish is breeding in my tank depends on what homeless fishes I take in.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson83 View Post
    I saw eggs before but I'm not sure if it belongs to my Danios or red nose.. But seems the eggs didn't hatch.. Probably due to my parameters are not suitable or they are all eaten up. I know nothing about breeding as I enjoy watching my fish swimming around more, breeding is just an added bonus. And also, I like to take in homeless fish.. Providing them with a new home kinda sit right with me. So in the future what fish is breeding in my tank depends on what homeless fishes I take in.
    I see.. Im also in the accidental breeding scenario when my cichlids spawned and followed by their offsprings. The ironic thing was that i knew nothing about nitrogen cycle, PH, hardness and stuffs then. There's even a rusty barbecue grill getting into contact with the water at all times(act as a cover). Care to elaborate more on homeless fish that's mentioned, thanks!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I see.. Im also in the accidental breeding scenario when my cichlids spawned and followed by their offsprings. The ironic thing was that i knew nothing about nitrogen cycle, PH, hardness and stuffs then. There's even a rusty barbecue grill getting into contact with the water at all times(act as a cover). Care to elaborate more on homeless fish that's mentioned, thanks!
    me too!! used to have 11 mollies which my son brought back from an excursion from Qian Hu, initially was keeping them in those small plastic tank, out of sympathy, I bought a tank set (tank+gex S+light) to house them in.. After that THEN I read about nitrogen cycle and etc... then that's why I got 'hooked'. Homeless fish as in those owner that's giving or selling cheap fish/es away in the marketplace due to fish incompatibility, not enough fish to form a school or decomming fish giveaway, usually is those tetras, cory and etc. After repeated asking still nobody wants, that's when I ask if that fish is available or not.. if available then I take. My wife ask me why I spend so much monies on tank, filter n such, just to take in homeless fishes.hahaha

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson83 View Post
    me too!! used to have 11 mollies which my son brought back from an excursion from Qian Hu, initially was keeping them in those small plastic tank, out of sympathy, I bought a tank set (tank+gex S+light) to house them in.. After that THEN I read about nitrogen cycle and etc... then that's why I got 'hooked'. Homeless fish as in those owner that's giving or selling cheap fish/es away in the marketplace due to fish incompatibility, not enough fish to form a school or decomming fish giveaway, usually is those tetras, cory and etc. After repeated asking still nobody wants, that's when I ask if that fish is available or not.. if available then I take. My wife ask me why I spend so much monies on tank, filter n such, just to take in homeless fishes.hahaha
    Think this probably has happened to most aquarist when their once cloudy water started clearing up and fish starts to thrive. Confidence gained and eventually hooked deeper into it since. Regarding those homeless fish that you've adopted can tell that you're a kind hearted person and not many people will do it. Keep it up! ☺

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12