Thread: A simple setup

Feedback Score

A simple setup

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,
    heres a updated pic of my simple setup to drain away some exams stress!!!
    taken away a fan shaped fern and focused more on the right side!!! canopy ferns will be added soon, like the ones in my toad tank which provide lots of shade!!!

jus a simple beginner but hope to improve step by step.
    droped the idea of a background for this setup as i kinda like the neat arrangement and will paste black oyama instead. hope to create a wild look setup after the exams!!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    what you feed the skink with? crickets?

pretty setup & handsome skink

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Cool... A skink... Can be found locally???

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Yo Al fed the little fella with crix n mealies fed on carrots and if possible fish pellets with beta carotene and u'll be able to see the intense red and maroon color soon... oh ya if u're lucky to get him a mate they'll breed readily too

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    That is one cute lil fellar ya've got there, Alex. Love your latest revamp. Definitely thumbs up from me, bud. By the way, any name for that handsome fellar?

Regards,
    Phillip.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Terryz_
    Cool... A skink... Can be found locally???
    locally there are more than 8 species of skink if i am not wrong, but more than 5 are aboreal, thus not much is known about them nor they are commonly seen.

this Bowring's supple skink aka Riopa bowringi is quite commom.

yes bro Desmond, i will feed him good but wun go purposely find him a mate, not intending to get broiled into illiegal poaching, hahaha

yah philip, talking about a name, think 'sneaky' suits him
    haha

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Way cool pet, dude. I like the set up too.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I’m more interested in the greeneries “without” the tank.

I see you have a pot of the little bromeliad (damn, the name seem bent on eluding me right now!). I have one too. It’s quite a hardy plt. Mine has thrown out 2 baby shoots which are getting larger with each passing week, and I’ve yet to find time to separate them. How often do you water yours? I do it twice a week, given the small size of the pot.

Do you know for a fact that the small pot of corn plt you have there is an eco-friendly plt? It's capable of absorbing harmful organic vapours from the surrounding.
    I like to breath fresh air devoid of hazardous vapours. So, I have a 6 ft tall dracaena fragrans right beside my dining table. My experience has been that, for some reasons that I’m still trying to figure out, the lower shoots of this plant are quite prone to rotting. And they would come off completely! It’s either due to overwatering or underwatering. Maybe I should go toss a coin to get the final answer once and for all.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse
    locally there are more than 8 species of skink if i am not wrong, but more than 5 are aboreal, thus not much is known about them nor they are commonly seen.

this Bowring's supple skink aka Riopa bowringi is quite commom.

yes bro Desmond, i will feed him good but wun go purposely find him a mate, not intending to get broiled into illiegal poaching, hahaha

yah philip, talking about a name, think 'sneaky' suits him
    haha
    Den this is one of the three species that is aboreal..
    Last edited by Wild Ginger; 14th Apr 2005 at 23:14.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elmike
    I’m more interested in the greeneries “without” the tank.

I see you have a pot of the little bromeliad (damn, the name seem bent on eluding me right now!). I have one too. It’s quite a hardy plt. Mine has thrown out 2 baby shoots which are getting larger with each passing week, and I’ve yet to find time to separate them. How often do you water yours? I do it twice a week, given the small size of the pot.

Do you know for a fact that the small pot of corn plt you have there is an eco-friendly plt? It's capable of absorbing harmful organic vapours from the surrounding.
    I like to breath fresh air devoid of hazardous vapours. So, I have a 6 ft tall dracaena fragrans right beside my dining table. My experience has been that, for some reasons that I’m still trying to figure out, the lower shoots of this plant are quite prone to rotting. And they would come off completely! It’s either due to overwatering or underwatering. Maybe I should go toss a coin to get the final answer once and for all.
    haha actually a moss tank is very pleasing to the eye. serious!!! fauna is not a neccesity. jus look at wild ginger's tank!!!
    anyway i also water the bromeliad twice along with my 2 airplants, caput-medusae and ionantha. i have transplanted a shoot from the bromeliad into the tank, hope it do well cos i think i may have separated the shoot too early.
    yes botht he plants are air purifier!!! haha good for my room ah!!!

one way to avoid overwatering is by misting, directly down from the centre. its a tip taught by a gardening site.

yah terry, i didnt go herp hunting lah. today jus saw a grass snake along my way back from school. so living near the live firing area has its previliges.
    anyway this skink is a terrestial one, his fave haunt is under the driftwood. hes quite tame, takes food from my tweezers!!!
    Last edited by Wild Ginger; 14th Apr 2005 at 23:09. Reason: Please refrain from public literal display of wild caught fauna and flora.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Just a side note advice to all participants in this forum not to literally display any flora and fauna caught or taken from the wild. Thanks.

Regards,
    Phillip.