Feedback Score
    Country
    France

Adrien New Tank - 115L - Singapore biotop

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi there and thank you for this forum, I already learn a lot!

I am a 28yo French boy, and I am really non familiar with English metric system

I have had a tank when I was in France few years ago but I have only few experience and consider myself as beginer.

I bought a tank last week and my goal would be :
    Not to use any warmer or filter.
    With a lot of plants and a moss wall
    Try to reproduce the ecosystem that could be found in a swamp in Singapore...
    I have a few ideas : pangio khulii, croaking gourami (I read hard to find....) rasbora I don't know yet which tape... Other ideas?
    Plants as hygrophila, cryptocoryne, java moss (I read Singapore moss somewhere ^^)

Do you have other ideas?

I will take my time and start with dry method, I am still looking for the good soil with a nutritive layer and a up layer that is "pangio khulii friendly" (small granularity and no quartz). Maybe Malayan aqua soil?
    For the nutritive layer I am considering to mix crushed hydroponic clay balls with sand and fertilizer. A bit afraid of chimical that could be found in fertilizer :/ what do you think about it?

Thank you for your time and any help!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Adrien New Tank - 115L - Singapore biotop

Hello Adrien !

Have you considered the climbing perch fish ? It's an air breather fish , same family as the bettas and gourami . Doesn't need filter , deep tank or any complicated accessories . Found easily in most lfs , usually at a corner though because of it's plain colour . Google for the fish picture . If the water quality is bad , do a 100 percent water change and they are good to go . I know this as I have 6 of them . They are jumpers so you need to have a cover of some kind and they have been known to walk away from tanks , as my foot can attest to that .

These fish are endemic in our region , in some country , folks will eat them . All you need to do is feed them and keep them in any type of water container , albeit fish friendly container I hope . They usually come in a drab grey in color but the black ones are rare to find . They will eat anything from bread to insect which can fit in their mouth . An excellent beginner fish for anybody willing to try , just don't grab them with your hand though !

Hope this helps !
    Last edited by BFG; 30th Sep 2016 at 02:24.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Adrien New Tank - 115L - Singapore biotop

lot of plants and moss wall with out filter to circulate water, you are inviting some trouble. algae will love you but not plants
    115L is big enough to start.. like to see how it goes with out filter.. keep updating