Feedback Score
    Country
    Lithuania

Hello everyone

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hello to everyone my name is Ernis, im going to grow many fishes, i hope you will enjoy.

At this moment i have 24 aquariums, if everything is going fine, i should hit 40 aquariums. Most of them are 60 liters, and rest 240 liters. In plans i got bigger aquariums like 540~ liters. So far room is heated with electricity, and temperature is 24C steady. Water is been pumped from well and it goes to RO/DI system. Bought fridge, to keep frozen food. This house so far is empty nobody live's in it. So i try to come everyday to feed and clean.
    Tomatoes are already eaten
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Hello everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Ernis View Post
    Hello to everyone my name is Ernis, im going to grow many fishes, i hope you will enjoy.

At this moment i have 24 aquariums, if everything is going fine, i should hit 40 aquariums. Most of them are 60 liters, and rest 240 liters. In plans i got bigger aquariums like 540~ liters. So far room is heated with electricity, and temperature is 24C steady. Water is been pumped from well and it goes to RO/DI system. Bought fridge, to keep frozen food. This house so far is empty nobody live's in it. So i try to come everyday to feed and clean.
    Tomatoes are already eaten
    Wow... Ernis...this is awesome... Like an LFS setup

Sent from my F5122 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Lithuania

All fish will be freshwater. No aggresive fish. Atleast for now while i have not enough aquariums.

Im going to grow parents in larger 240l aquariums, breed in 60l, and grow fry from 60l to 540l aquarium.

Can't decide what is the best filter option for bigger fry tanks(540 liters). For smallest tanks i DIY sponge filter, for bigger aquarium only option is sump?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Look like some serious fishy business happening there. What fish do you intend to breed?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Lithuania

Angelfish, gurami all kind, corydors, ancitrus, maybe discus. At this moment not thinking about money.. I dont think im going to sell anything at all. Its kinda hobby.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

Looks like a really amazing fish house! Can we have a tour when you done with your setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Jacky bro, Ernis bro is in Lithuania....very far from Singapore

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by Guppendler View Post
    Jacky bro, Ernis bro is in Lithuania....very far from Singapore
    Oh man. Haha. Sorry I didn't know that. It looks so exciting seeing this project!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Truly, very exciting indeed, no dispute on that. Wish I could set up something like that as well....Wife will probably murder me haha

Feedback Score
    Country
    Lithuania

Sure you can visit me, free tour guarantee and free sleep over, food not included! This is only one room, at spring im planning to make another one. This one is 22 square meters, other 30. At this time i got problems with my well, there is very low water level. And the biggest problem is how to heat water. Most good heaters have copper piping in it so im afraid for fish it could be deadly, what do you think?

By the way, i will post soon some pictures of my DIY fish tank from fiberglass. At this moment im welding metal frame, and later i will cover it with epoxy and see what i will get

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Here in Singapore we do not need heaters. But I trust all the commercially available heaters that are meant for aquarium use should be safe. We look forward to see more pictures from you soon.

Feedback Score
    Country
    India

Looks awesome. I am new to this hobby in India and this project is something to look forward to. Eagerly awaiting your progress on the project...with loads of clarity pictures...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Lithuania

Hello, long time didint post cause i was very busy, making this room operational. At this moment i have some problems with water chemistry. My water softener take care of nitrite and nitrate in well water, but it lower to 1 degree - dGH. Very bad conditions for fish. Have done some experiments with mixing hard water(not filtered) with soft(filtered) ratio : 50/50, 75/25 and etc. I had no luck. All the time i end up with 0.1 mg/l NO2, and 120 mg/l NO3. I came up with one idea, i can use water softener to make water 0 dGH, and add some CaCl2 and MgSO4. Found some calculators in web, it dont look very diffucalt to make it water harder. Maybe somebody had same problems? Or have any good ideas how to harden it?

I'll add some photos later how my fish room proccess is going on :P

Feedback Score
    Country
    Lithuania

Opps.. My mistake not 0.1mg/l , but 0.5 mg/l nitrite

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi Ernis,

Saw lots of tomatoes, are they part of the plan?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Lithuania

What fish do you plan to grow?
    Barbs(cherry, black ruby, mutant/green, odesa, yellow/fire/flame, sumatra, albino sumatra)
    Angelfish (black longfin, KOI, white/diamond/platinum, some mix'es..)
    Australian rainbow(yellow/bocemani, blue/kubuto, red, preacox)
    Gurami(dwarf blue, golden, blue)
    Sorry that im hobbyist, dont know full fish names, but i hope you got idea what i am talking about

Saw lots of tomatoes, are they part of the plan?
    Yes, im not sure what my dad want to try, hydroponic or aquaponic, or maybe tradicional soil growing. If you interested i can keep posting some pictures with idea's of this project. We got 40meters long greenhouse(3 seperate, not 1 long) cause of diffrent requirement of plants(dry,wet,heat,cold and etc.) mainly we grow carrots, tomatoes, potatoes, salad, basilic, pumpkin, some fuits, apples and etc.

Today even bought new telephone(Huawei P9 Lite) to keep you(watchers) on updates. I hope ill find some listeners. I need to talk everything out My wife is too tired to listen to me.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Yes would love more pics, like to see the aquaponics project too.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Lithuania

Im not sure my dad will want to do something this hard, instead of the easiest way to grow plants. Like in soil. At this moment we are just hanging some lights for seedlings.

Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    Country
    Lithuania

two of three greenhouse.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Lithuania

DIY mini siphon - for fast water change.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast