Country
    Indonesia

Planted Tank LED light. Opnova EZ-600 vs Hydra 52HD

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi Guys,

I currently have a 4 feet tank (120cm x 45cm x45cm) that needs new lights. My current setup is (54W x 4 T5 @6500k). I have a densely planted freshwater tank and since the ballast is spoilt I am thinking of moving over to LED. Although there are many options for LED lights on the market, I'm keen to get either the Opnova EZ-600 or the AI Hydra 52HD. Thinking of getting 2 units to illuminate the tank.

Currently I have maxpsect R420 8000k on another tank and ADA aquasky 601 in a smaller one. I'm happy with the ADA but I'm far from pleased with maxspect, cannot seem to adjust the maxspect to get the proper color temp, so the maxspect is out for me.

Both retail around the same price so cost is not the issue. Opnova seems to be less fussy because the color temp has been preset to 6500k whereas the AI has many modes and needs some adjustment.

Any members here have experience in either one of these LED lights? If you have photos it would be lovely to post them as well. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Planted Tank LED light. Opnova EZ-600 vs Hydra 52HD

Bro... AI Hydra is more for Marine Tank. I suggest you get Zetlight. Marine lights are always more expensive then freshwater lights.
    Learning new things everyday !!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Indonesia

How is the color spectrum and quality of diodes on zetlight? I'm disappointed with my maxspect, no reds so I'd like an upgrade this time.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

There are reds in zetlight. Go AA and check it out. It's good but you need to know how to tune it to your specific requirement. Different plants different requirement. High light high fert high CO2. Keep that in mind. I can grow high demanding plants with just LED grow lights. And it's really on the users in the end.
    Learning new things everyday !!!