Images
    Country
    Singapore

Tank revamped

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    My tank was neglected for a while and having some black hair algae infestation for sometime and back in June, did a major cleaning up. Started a strict daily dosage of Florish Excel and fertilisation regime. Also followed a strict weekly water change schedule.

This was how my tank look just after the major cleaning up back in June.

And this is how it is currently.

It's an old tank, maybe about 15 years and I am actually thinking of getting it replaced. But now it is looking its best since a long while and I am having second thoughts about tearing it down.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Tank revamped

Amazing recovery, I would continue to keep the set up and not tear it down

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Guppendler View Post
    Amazing recovery, I would continue to keep the set up and not tear it down
    Thanks, I was not expecting such results too...was just too frustrated with the black thread algae that I decided to start throwing away as much affected plants as possible together with whatever algae I can physically remove from the tank.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Latest update...approx 9 months after revamp. The jungle vail had mostly died out...suspect is due to me using excel. Replaced with some water sprite. The crypt and the amazon sword had obviously been growing a lot. But no idea on how to trim these type of plants.

Your aquarium is designed so nice.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Ninastar1 View Post
    Your aquarium is designed so nice.
    Thanks....but the amazon sword had sort of grew so big it block up the whole right side. Become 'jungle' look already.

Btw, the stand of this tank is rusty and the tank is already like over 15 years old. So I had just acquired a new 3ft tank and now in the process of setting it up. Thinking of moving the amazon sword and those crypts over eventually but still thinking how to place them nicely. Had an elementary hardscape created on Sunday evening but right now putting it aside to let the look sink in to decide if I wanted to do any adjustments. Thinking of getting monte carlo to create the carpet but also eager to try Downoi and Hydrocotyle tripartita too but unsure of how to keep them separated in the tank. Right now I am still trying to get some of the plants to try out the dry start method.

Below are some pics of the 3footer's current layout.

On the other hand, felt it is quite a pity to tear down the 2ft tank when the plants seems to be growing well. But the rusty stand is a dangerous situation that have to be handled soon and I think it is impossible to move the tank without emptying it. So it is kind of unavoidable.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

The March video was accidentally deleted. Below is the most current video of my tank.