Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States

hello, everyone ,happy to be back.need your advice

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    converting an existing 45 gal. bow front tank from dying low light plants in decorative gravel to a Carib Sea inc. Flora Max substrata with out taking all the fish, plants and water out replacing 1/3 at a time till done any advice will be appreciated ; has anyone here had similar experience; if so please tell your story Thanks.
    Anubis (Not my legal name) lol

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: hello, everyone ,happy to be back.need your advice

Welcome to AQ Anubis ! Unfortunately , can't give you the advice you need but do take your time and do not rush .
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

What you're doing sounds difficult. And not often done. Maybe you should publish a log and blaze a trail? :P

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States

Thanks to both of you for your advice; Blaising my trail slow but sure planing every step before I take it sounds like a plan. leaving my plants ,fish and rocks in as I progress first off: remove the existing gravel and put aside for a cap after Flora Max substrate is installed I've read elsewhere to rinse it(the Flora-max) prior to putting in the tank: Sounds like defeating the purpose of dirting my tank if I do so just a nice long soak in my work bucket should do the trick. Will let you know as things progress But at 70 years of age I'm not as quick as when I first started the hobby. so patience please;will post progress pictures as well if possible. thanks again for confirming my suspicions.

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States

Dec.14,2016 UPDATE :
    I may have bitten off more than I can chew ; or just followed BFG's advice to take my time a little too closely end result up and running with no fish loss but starting to see some bad brown algae dust (diatoms I believe) sort of a new tank syndrome due to all new substrata DIY CO2 running to a Hagen ladder diffuser but need to put an air stone at the bottom as the bubbles out of the air line are too large to do much good, please correct me if I' wrong , still picking out the nicest , cheap plants that I can find here in the Orlando,Fla. area but looks like slim pickens so far; but fingers crossed a field trip to some out lying LFS is in my plans for today. I will post pics when up and stocked. thanks for any advice and welcomed comments.

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States

finnally have a few pics of the finished project ; not sure how this works so fingers crossed . still a lot of tweaking to do any comments or suggestionsmy fish tank 2 march 12 2017.jpgmy fish tank march 12 2017.jpg are welcomed

Feedback Score
    Country
    United States

Looks good plants look healthy. That's alot of fish. The angels will outgrow a 45.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

That's an interesting tank you have. The substrate is marvellously shaped, so different from the commonly seen flat substrates. Good work. ☺
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States

thanks for the comments not to worry Flchamp89
    gonna move them to my 125 as soon as it's emptied and redone the normal way , FYI this may have turned out nice (at least in my opinion) but way too much work involved and have to thank tetrakid for the comment as well; just tried to make it pleasing to the eye without so much to be a spawning ground for gas buildup gonna put more questions on the regular forum so great being back.