Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Fish looking and acting weirdly

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Its not advisable to use one tin for too long, frequent open close will deteriorate the quality of food and affect of moisure on this even worse. Expiry date is only valid if the bottle is not opened. I use another tin to feed daily, I will fill it once a week. This way you can keep the food a little longer without spoiling it.

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-UL00 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by madhav96001 View Post
    Its not advisable to use one tin for too long, frequent open close will deteriorate the quality of food and affect of moisure on this even worse. Expiry date is only valid if the bottle is not opened. I use another tin to feed daily, I will fill it once a week. This way you can keep the food a little longer without spoiling it.

Ohh.. I think that must be the reason then! I will go and get another bottle of flakes from c328, thanks madhav!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Flakes turn bad very fast especially when in contact with water. If the smell is weird or bad, it's an indication that it has gone bad and time to throw it away.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Guppendler View Post
    Flakes turn bad very fast especially when in contact with water. If the smell is weird or bad, it's an indication that it has gone bad and time to throw it away.
    Ohh okok thanks @guppendler !

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Bracehero,

I have a feeling you are overfeeding your fishes. I can understand the joy and excitment when a tank is first setuo or when new fishes are introduced into a tank.

Some simple tips:

1. For the fishes that you are keeping, feeding once a day is enough. They can go a few days with no food and still be ok.

2. Everytime when you feed, feed enough that the fishes in your tank can finish within a few minutes.

3. Scarlet badis are difficult to feed when there are greedier fishes around because they are slow feeders and are picky. Trying techniques as mentioned previously by some of the guys suggested in this thread will be useful. I found that scarlet badis in a well planted tank will be able will be able to sustain themselves by feeding on micro-organisms. I have two in my 5ft tank.

4. Sadly, you have to be prepared for some casualties among the 10 badis in your small tank. I only hope because there are 10 of them... it spreads the aggression.

Good luck!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Just to add, flakes do absorb moisture faster then the other varieties of fish food. And also due to our weather conditions here.
    Most of my fish food will expire before my fishes finished them, but i will continue to feed if there is nothing wrong.

What i usually do is i have another smaller container to separate out probably 1 month supply before topping up from the original bottle.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

How is your cory doing? I love my sterbai cories, mine grown from 1" to 2" in less than 2 months and still dont want to rest....always searching for food.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12