Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Questions on Lushgro Aqua and Fleet Enema

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all. I'm fairly new to both this forum and the planted tank experience which i hope to gain a lot from you guys here. I need a little bit of help regarding the use of fleet (mainly for Phosphate) and Lushgro Aqua (N,K, fe) and Micros on my tank and also some issues i faced.

I've just purchased a 1L bottle of Lushgro Aqua and 120ml Micros for my 50L planted tank (medium plant level). As i understand that the Lushgro Aqua is formulated towards PMDD formulation which has no phosphate. Hence I'm dosing phosphate through Fleet enema (which contains Monobasic Sodium Phosphate monohydrate and Dibasic Sodium Phosphate heptahydrate).
    My questions are :
    1 - If i were to dose the Aqua solution and fleet at the same time, will there be any unwanted chemical reaction? especially between the iron and the fleet solution? (my chemistry knowledge is not good at all)
    2 - With reference from the lushgro website, none of the aqua or micros have any calcium content in it. Is that true?
    3- Some of my ludwigia cuba leaves are curling which i suspect due to calcium deficiency. Hence i'm wondering where can i get calcium to add to my fert regime?
    4- by the end of 5th day, green spot algae will start to plague my tank walls. At first i thought its the lack of phosphate but still occur after dosing fleet. Now i'm at the midst of reducing my 50 watt lighting to 35 watt. (minimum pearling)

My tank specs :
    50 L tank medium planted tank
    pressurised co2 @30ppm for 8 hours/day (drop checker gives a pale green)
    35 watts (led) lighting for 8 hours/day (DIY led strip 6500k seems to get pearlings hence i guess it does work)
    soil based substrate (advanced soil)
    fishes: danios, tetras, corries and ottos
    plants : ludwigia cuba, anubias, dwarf sagittaria, dwarf hairgrass, and unknown stem/crypt plant.
    kh : #2-3
    gh: #5-6
    ammonia, nitrite: 0
    nitrate 30-40ppm
    Phosphate : 1ppm ( salifert phosphate kit always gives pale blue no matter how many drops of fleet i use)

dosing :
    5ml Lushgro Aqua x 3 times/week (calculated using the excel sheet found in this forum and estimated to reach at least a PPS dosage)
    0.25ml fleet x3 times/week (giving 1.98ppm PO4 per )
    0.25ml Lushgro Micro x 3 times/week (giving a iron total of ~0.9ppm with aqua's content)
    water change 40-50% per week

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Questions on Lushgro Aqua and Fleet Enema

Help anyone? At least just on the fleet and lushgro Aqua portion, would that cause unwated chemical reaction that would render the phosphate in the fleet useless for plants?

currently been dosing both at 1 hr apart and plants are growing ok but green spot algae are growing on my tank walls within 3 to 4 days after each cleaning. I am now currenly reducing the intensity on the lights too and monitor if it does help on reducing the algae growth.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi Imrunung, I'm no planted tank gurus but a quick search on the net found this.
    http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/11...-same-day.html
    Look at the 2nd comment, it's stated to avoid phosphate with iron. Thus, to be on the safe side, douse your macro and micro on different day, probably the next day for micros. i also practise this too. But again read on other forum, if you die die also want douse on the same day, do it at different ends of the tank so that they have time to dissipate, thus eliminating any unwanted reaction.
    Hope my info helps! With regards on algae, I'm also battling them myself, thus can't comment much. Hoping for other bros to give u much better advice!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi crimson83, thanks for the info. Yeah i've read that and many said to dose separately. As for my case its a die die case because both lushgro aqua and micro have iron. Its just that aqua have smaller portion hence i chose to dose fleet on the same day as aqua. Just to dose hours apart and keep fingers cross and stick to that regime for now... or probably i can dose high phosphate one 1 day and the rest are aqua and micros alternately... see how if the initial regime doesnt work.

Thanks once again bro for the tip. may our battles with algaes triumph soon!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Imruning View Post
    Hi crimson83, thanks for the info. Yeah i've read that and many said to dose separately. As for my case its a die die case because both lushgro aqua and micro have iron. Its just that aqua have smaller portion hence i chose to dose fleet on the same day as aqua. Just to dose hours apart and keep fingers cross and stick to that regime for now... or probably i can dose high phosphate one 1 day and the rest are aqua and micros alternately... see how if the initial regime doesnt work.

Thanks once again bro for the tip. may our battles with algaes triumph soon!
    may the force be with you too!:P

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by SantaMonica View Post
    Any solution using an enema must be a good solution :O
    Be it for a planted tank or a persons body right?