Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking to keep a carnivorous fish. Need some help.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Looking to keep a carnivorous fish. Need some help.

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi if u plan to keep one SH in a 35L, should be ok. If u plan to have 2, make sure the tank has deco for them to hide and full of plants. Otherwise they may fight. Channa bleheri is less aggressive as compare to Channa Gachua, so u may have to decide which breed u intend to keep. Currently I have 5 Channa bleheri in a 2ft tank without chiller but with deco and plenty of plants. So far they don't fight. If u do not use chiller then u have to find a place which is much cooling. Low temperature will lower their metabolism and make them less aggressive. This is the advise from a Channa hobbyist. U can buy those dried tubifex worm to feed them, to save money.

Remember to cover the top. Channa is a great escapist. One of my Channa escape 3 times and lucky I discover and save it.

Happy fish keeping.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

would you be interested in rosy barbs? pretty aggressive fish like tiger barbs...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Dwarf snakeheads are one of the nicest and fierces oddballs you can find that don't grow to large sizes, and they are easy to keep as they are quite hardy fishes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12