Country
    Singapore

Would House fan cool the temp?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,
    I've a small house fan (60W) if I blow directly to the side of 1ft cube tank for few hours, would it lower the temp? If okay then one stone kills two birds (cool the house and cool the tank?)
    What is the normal aquarium cooling fan watt? Thank.... YOU
    The More You Share, The More You Have

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Yes. One stone kill 2 birds. If your intention is more to cool the house, then it should be worthwhile.

If using a 60W fan solely to cool the tank, then it is not worthwhile. Those DC fans we commonly use to cool our tanks are 1 to 2 W. Much more savings on electricity.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by juggler
    Yes. One stone kill 2 birds. If your intention is more to cool the house, then it should be worthwhile.

If using a 60W fan solely to cool the tank, then it is not worthwhile. Those DC fans we commonly use to cool our tanks are 1 to 2 W. Much more savings on electricity.
    Well, thanks for the advice. Certainly I will use cooling fans with only takes 1 or 2 watt. Plan to use just one small DIY DC fan next week.
    Just for the fun , I also put into some ice-cube and with this 'big' fan by the side (see photo) to see how low the temp can go. So far, only go down by 2C and temp is about 26C.
    Hopefully it will grow the Taiwan Moss nicely, any comments on the simply layout??

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Wah,,,how you make the wood stand like that?? heehee..quite nice...grow some moss on the "branches" and you'll have a tree!! the shrimp tree...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by ranmasatome
    Wah,,,how you make the wood stand like that?? heehee..quite nice...grow some moss on the "branches" and you'll have a tree!! the shrimp tree...
    I glued the wood to a stone, lah! The idea is for Taiwan moss to grow to a thick base of about 1 to 2 inches. So the wood would look like standing on 'sea of green' and the shrimps will be everywhere in the wood resting... A Cherry shrimp tree, may be?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    must give the tree some leaves mah..... grow some xmas mos on it or something...lol

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by ranmasatome
    must give the tree some leaves mah..... grow some xmas mos on it or something...lol
    I wanted to tie some Java Moss but my wife prefers the cool-cut look. She said it's nicer..Also, isn't it correct that Cherry shrimps prefers to climb onto something to rest or play so that they wouldn't be so stressful?? If they do climb and resting on the tree, it will be very nice and also can see them clearly if no moss there

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    bro, really very cool... all the best for ur set-up...

regards

armani

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    they rest on bare things?? maybe i should try....my cherries all rest on mossed areas...probably greedy cherries i have..lol..

if you can afford it...try some mini pellia on the "trunk" of that "tree"...think it would look awesome..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Cool setup and I really like the tree idea. However, I still think you should dress up the "tree" a little. Good luck and post a pic after it has all grown well.
    Click here to help me make my Fish Room Project a reality!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Weirong
    Cool setup and I really like the tree idea. However, I still think you should dress up the "tree" a little. Good luck and post a pic after it has all grown well.
    Thanks for all your comments/inputs received so far. I would certainly keep the forum update in next few weeks time when the moss grow a little bit more. Also, may be the Taiwan Moss will spread and start to 'climb' up the "tree"?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Would House fan cool the temp?

Biggest issue with fan would be the evaporation. You will need to top up water almost daily!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk