Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Angel fish spawned, what's next?

Feedback Score
    Images

Re: Angel fish spawned, what's next?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    So far my pair still not able to take care their off spring. The larger male seems to be better and protecting the eggs, even chase away the female that try to eat the eggs...

Sent from my HUAWEI KII-L22 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Don't turn off all your lights at once and leave a small light on near the eggs to prevent them from eating it all up. Other than that you should be fine! Happy fishkeeping!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
    Does this make sense: ~Imperfect Past equals future tense~

Feedback Score
    Images

Alright, now they prefer my canister in flow pipe...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Update. The third batch of fries are swimming freely now. What to do next? Put them in the breeding box or get a divider to keep the other altums away?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Update. The third batch of fries are swimming freely now. What to do next? Put them in the breeding box or get a divider to keep the other altums away? Also when do I start feeding the fries? Tks.

Feedback Score
    Images

Congrats. I tried to keep a light on method happydanio mentioned, but still can't make it to free swimming...Will continue to try.

Sent from my HUAWEI KII-L22 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by anttz View Post
    Update. The third batch of fries are swimming freely now. What to do next? Put them in the breeding box or get a divider to keep the other altums away? Also when do I start feeding the fries? Tks.
    Ok theoretically you feed the fries about 24-48h afer they are free swimming. That is to say you have began feeding pretty soon. However this is just an estimate and some frys take a little longer. Try feeding them some food first like baby brine shrimp or daphina or microworms... If you can obtain a culture in time. Then if they go for it then that's good but if they don't then wait it out. Being cichlids, they also feed of their parent's sides so if their parents show swollen sides then it means they are overworked and you need to start feeding very soon. Happy fishkeeping.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
    Does this make sense: ~Imperfect Past equals future tense~

Feedback Score
    Country
    Lithuania

Angelfish due large breeding demand on world market, has lost their natural sense to care eggs. From natural environment angelfish altum is different talk. But Most our altums is para.altums which means that they are not true altum from the wild. So you have to take out eggs same day they spawned. Protect eggs from fungi with special medicine, plus aeration. Everyday pick white eggs cause they root. Start infusoria culture much earlier than angelfish spawn cause you will need first two days to feed them. Dont use any granular type food. Fry has instincts to eat only moving food. So live food only. Arthemia start second day when spawned. Make small batches instead of one big. Cause they grow faster than fry. Dont buy artemia mixed with algea cause it will eat and grow so fast thant in two hours their size will be too big fry to absorb. Temperature can be different from main tank 1 degree. Big temperature jumps kill fry. 3 degrees is big jump. I mention only small amount information, but if you folow my directions most of fry will suirvive.

Išsiųsta naudojantis HUAWEI VNS-L21 Tapatalk 4 Lt

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Ernis View Post
    Angelfish due large breeding demand on world market, has lost their natural sense to care eggs. From natural environment angelfish altum is different talk. But Most our altums is para.altums which means that they are not true altum from the wild. So you have to take out eggs same day they spawned. Protect eggs from fungi with special medicine, plus aeration. Everyday pick white eggs cause they root. Start infusoria culture much earlier than angelfish spawn cause you will need first two days to feed them. Dont use any granular type food. Fry has instincts to eat only moving food. So live food only. Arthemia start second day when spawned. Make small batches instead of one big. Cause they grow faster than fry. Dont buy artemia mixed with algea cause it will eat and grow so fast thant in two hours their size will be too big fry to absorb. Temperature can be different from main tank 1 degree. Big temperature jumps kill fry. 3 degrees is big jump. I mention only small amount information, but if you folow my directions most of fry will suirvive.

Išsiųsta naudojantis HUAWEI VNS-L21 Tapatalk 4 Lt
    As Shifu (a term of courteous respect) Ernis has pointed out, raising Angelfish fry is a very involved undertaking which requires extreme care.

I once saw on YouTube (link lost) someone built a contraption to isolate the eggs in the same tank as soon as they are laid. This overcomes the problem of water shock. The contraption is designed to enable constant aeration and water flow within itself by means of an air tubing. Like Shifu Ernis has said, it is important to ensure that baby brine shrimp do not grow too big for the fry to gobble at the initial stage.
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by anttz View Post
    Update. The third batch of fries are swimming freely now. What to do next? Put them in the breeding box or get a divider to keep the other altums away? Also when do I start feeding the fries? Thanks.
    if frys is kept with others' big fishes, best to siphon it out to breeder tank with same tank water. once free swim can start feeding with live BBS.

CHeers..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12