Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: New Tank - Is My Ultra Slim Filter Over-sized?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

New Tank - Is My Ultra Slim Filter Over-sized?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Tank - 40 x 19 x 24cm (18L) (~5G)
    Mounted Ocean Free Ultra Slim Hang On filter - US-01 (3.5W) (200L/H) (2 filter cartridge)
    I feel the PHYSICAL size is big like - it is hogging like 40% of my 40cm length

Do you think I should downsize to
    Ocean Free Ultra Slim Hang On filter - US-BABY (3W) (180L/H) (1 filter cartridge)

Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: New Tank - Is My Ultra Slim Filter Over-sized?

When it comes to hangon filters, my personal preferences is to get the biggest one I can find. The one you have is not bad. But since some people don't like big filters, the choice is yours.
    I usually hang big filters on the side, not the back, so that the outlet will push the water over the whole surface for good aeration. To do this well, the water level must be carefully adjusted so that the outflow is in line with the surface. But there again, personal choice rules the day.
    Last edited by tetrakid; 29th Dec 2016 at 00:43.
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by tetrakid View Post
    When it comes to hangon filters, my personal preferences is to get the biggest one I can find. The one you have is not bad. But since some people don't like big filters, the choice is yours.
    I usually hang big filters on the side, not the back, so that the outlet will push the water over the whole surface for good aeration. To do this well, the water level must be carefully adjusted so that the outflow is in line with the surface. But there again, personal choice rules the day.
    good suggestion at the side! as my tank is view from front only on my TV console table against wall.
    however my tank is slim type width only 19cm. the ultra slim already 17cm but i am using mount across LED light (clip both sides) so it is obstruct.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

change to a small canister?
    put on the side and rest the light on top of the filter?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by bustersg View Post
    good suggestion at the side! as my tank is view from front only on my TV console table against wall.
    however my tank is slim type width only 19cm. the ultra slim already 17cm but i am using mount across LED light (clip both sides) so it is obstruct.
    Lol, you are right.You see, I don't believe in using toplights. I use only front lighting, because top lighting does not illuminate the fish in the tank well.
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!