Feedback Score
    Country
    United States

Why feritilize everyday

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I use Seachem Flourish line of produces as directed. My question is. Why do I have to use these produces everyday or two. Being a close system, it doesn't seem that these products would dissipate or absorbed in just 24 hours.
    If anyone knows please advise.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Why feritilize everyday

One of the reasons is algae.

Dosing ferts in smaller measured dosages spread out over a few days is usually preferable to just one large dose per week, due to the fact that the plants wouldn't be using all the ferts at one go immediately, they only consume what they need to grow daily. Its mainly to reduce the effect of too much accumulated excess nutrients lingering in the tank that algae will tend to take advantage and utilize instead.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States

Good to know Guess my luck will run out sooner than later as I've been dosing with Flourish Excel and CO2 booster along with regular Flourish fert. every day or so with minimal algae growth so far. but the growth of my plants is phenomenal at least to my eyes ; my DIY CO2 was not producing as I wished. so fingers crossed will continue as I'm an "if it ain't broke ;don't fix it"kind of guy plus this is the place to be if problems raise up to destroy my little slice of nature. water testing and 20% changes every 5-6 days should keep me safe.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Good to know Guess my luck will run out sooner than later as I've been dosing with Flourish Excel and CO2 booster along with regular Flourish fert. every day or so with minimal algae growth so far.
    You're actually dosing the exact same ingredient from 2 different brands. Excel and API CO2 Booster are both glutaraldehyde. And your algae is probably low because glutaraldehyde is used to... wait for it... kill algae.