Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Price difference between fluval c2 and other hob filter

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I'm using fluval c3. Do you know how much does 100g purigen cost? Furthermore is 100g enough for my 20 gallon tank?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

100g satchet should cost around 10 to 15 dollars. Yes it should be enough.

Seachem website states: Directions

Rinse before use. Use in a fine mesh (180 micron or less) filter bag such as Seachem’s The Bag™. Each 250 mL treats up to 1,000 L (250 US gallons) for up to six months. Exhaustion is indicated by a pronounced discoloration of the beads to dark brown or black.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Anyways things to take note is that even though personally i use this satchet i find the bag too stiff for my liking to use in my c4. Reason is because i prefer this purigen (water polisher) to be place at the last stage of filtration, right at the filter outlet.

I will put them into a fine media bag and stuff it between the trickle chamber and the chemical chamber.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Is there a reason for putting it in near the outlet? Why not in the chemical chamber since there is ample space in there.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

You can place it there if you want. But i prefer my purigen to be place at the last stage of filtration and with the maximum flow for its full effect. Anyways thats my pref...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

The 100g sachet is pretty packed/compacted so if put earlier stages might clog up easily and hinder the flow of water .
    I stuffed 1 liter in the last baffles of my sump.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by plantedpot View Post
    Try east ocean's Shiruba brand HOB. The durability is extraordinary. After i bought Shiruba models, i stopped using the others. Its considered a mid range product. Slightly more expensive than the OF and dolphin brands but you are assured of quality of motor and parts.

Eheim and Fluvals are like the branded stuff. European engineering but what is not made in China these days. Shiruba sounds japanese but its taiwan made. There was few times my hob jammed due to sand getting in the filter, the OF and dolphin brands overheated and melted. The shiruba didn't although it was hot too. After that experience, i never bought another brand hob.

Other places carry Shiruba too, but i had a not so good experience with a Shiruba air pump i bought at elsewhere. So i told myself i pay slightly more getting it at a shop i trust better.

Sent from my X9009 using Tapatalk

most of hagen's product range are made in germany. not all, but the filters are

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12