Country
    Singapore

Questions about vivariums

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    1) How small can a vivarium go?
    2) Why do vivarium tanks have a "front door" opening? For easy access? Can we use a normal tank instead and cover the top up with a acrylic plate or something?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    How small can a vivarium go?

As to how small a vivarium can go is just left to your own imagination and creativity. The smallest i've seen is a testube. But the smallest for me that i did for a vivarium is a cube that measures 4inches on all sides. Decoration on the inside is left to a minimal with a strong presence of a focal point to highlight the visual illusion of "large".

2) Why do vivarium tanks have a "front door" opening? For easy access? Can we use a normal tank instead and cover the top up with a acrylic plate or something?

Vivariums in general have an opening door or lid ontop. That is to prevent the inhabitant from escaping as well as acting as a cover for humidity to be present. Also, it provides easy access to maintain as well as to check the health of your plants and the rest.

Yes, we can use a normal tank and cover the top. Normally an acrylic cover is better than compared to a glass one as the former does not break easily. As to how the lid is cut into shape depends on your practicality of the filtration as well as the overall design of it.

Hope these few points help in your queries.

Regards,
    Phillip.