Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 68

Thread: "The Jungle Cube"

  1. #41

    Re: "The Jungle Cube"

    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

    Advertise here

    Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by jackychun View Post
    Hi Rezdwan,

    You are welcome! With current gear you have, I believe you can have great photos of your tank! Just switch to the Manual (M mode) and tweaking around those parameters of A, S, ISO, WB, you can find the best combination for the camera setting. Cheers!
    Thanks for the additional tips, jackychun.

    Damn, I thought using the A mode can already. Now I have to explore the different options and settings.

    Oh well, part and parcel of learning.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    809
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Vietnam

    Re: "The Jungle Cube"

    Quote Originally Posted by rezdwan View Post
    Thanks for the additional tips, jackychun.

    Damn, I thought using the A mode can already. Now I have to explore the different options and settings.

    Oh well, part and parcel of learning.
    You are welcome bro! With Manual mode, at first a bit troublesome to try tweaking around all parameters but later on you can see how are all those things related to each other. Thus, you will soon master on your camera!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Planted Tank Journal: litiaquaria.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel on Planted Tank: YouTube .

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    809
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Vietnam

    Re: "The Jungle Cube"

    Hi All,

    Long time due for the update. Layout and plants basically have been kept the same for this tank. I need to trim those Rotala Rotundifolia every 2-3 weeks. They grow very fast!

    For lighting, I already switch to the max and can see the plants adapt well to that. Together with increasing lighting intensity, fertilizer like excel, iron and potassium need to dose in daily, too. CO2 however is still keeping at the rate 0.5bps. Since the tank is small, that would be enough.

    I also remove the CO2 drop checker and thermometer since it obstructed the view of this small tank. Fan is turning on 24/7. So the temperature is roughly 26-27 degree C. I learn to observe the fish/shrimp and plants instead of checking those equipment. As long as they are happy and healthy, all is well.

    Surprisingly, there is no sign of algae so far in the tank, touch wood. I think mostly fertilizer and CO2 are adequate and light intensity have been increasing gradually. So the ecosystem is not "shock" of sudden change. Moreover, floating plants like Salvania natans also contributes to that success. They absorb most of excessive nutrients and spread quickly. I need to control by remove it every 2 weeks. Another factor is the fauna in the tank. Bioload is very low since the mosquito rasboras and pygme cory are small. Amano shrimps and Fire Red Shrimps also scrape all the leftover food, so organic waste is limited. Hence, less chance for algae.

    For the filtet system, Eheim Classic 2211 is good enough for this tank side with moderate flow and gentle to the fish.

    Plants are pearling happily and show their best colour nowadays. I am happy to see that everytime.









    Hope you all enjoy the journal!

    Keep on scaping!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Planted Tank Journal: litiaquaria.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel on Planted Tank: YouTube .

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,638
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: "The Jungle Cube"

    is the top aqua fan quiet ?

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    809
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Vietnam

    Re: "The Jungle Cube"

    Quote Originally Posted by limz_777 View Post
    is the top aqua fan quiet ?
    Not really quiet.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Planted Tank Journal: litiaquaria.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel on Planted Tank: YouTube .

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    809
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Vietnam

    Re: "The Jungle Cube"

    I have done some video recording for the tank at Week 40. Since lighting is now at the max, plants pearling like crazy and also the Rotala Rotundifolia tips turning pinky orange which is very nice!

    Enjoy the video!

    https://youtu.be/sc2r_ZFSb7I


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Planted Tank Journal: litiaquaria.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel on Planted Tank: YouTube .

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    59
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: "The Jungle Cube"

    Very nice nano tank you have there bro! Can you share if your light is dimmable and where did you buy it? I also have white sand at the foreground of my tank but my amanos are giving me a headache, they like to mess up the substrate gravel all over the white sand.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    809
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Vietnam

    Re: "The Jungle Cube"

    Quote Originally Posted by Thieverycorp View Post
    Very nice nano tank you have there bro! Can you share if your light is dimmable and where did you buy it? I also have white sand at the foreground of my tank but my amanos are giving me a headache, they like to mess up the substrate gravel all over the white sand.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks bro. Yes, the light is dimmable. It is Chihiros LED light. You can find it in most LFS. I got it from Nature Aquarium at Thomson Road.

    For the white sand, ya, it mess up sometimes but I put stones as divider to minimize the mix up with substrate.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Planted Tank Journal: litiaquaria.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel on Planted Tank: YouTube .

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    809
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Vietnam

    Re: "The Jungle Cube"

    This tank has been running for 7-8 months and stable at mature state. I still enjoy it a lot since it is placed on the studying table and can be watched anytime.

    Nothing much change on the plants and scape. Just added some Boraras maculatus and really like those small little active fish! They are schooling and really a great choice for small planted tank. :-)







    Otocinclus affinis have been added to algae control screw as well. So far, no algae issue in this tank.



    And fire red shrimps keep breeding like rabbit. I love them!





    Have a short time lapse of weekly tank maintenance that I would like to share. Enjoy! ✌️

    https://youtu.be/aK0k5U1ZNDk


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Planted Tank Journal: litiaquaria.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel on Planted Tank: YouTube .

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    1,737
    Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Images
    1
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: "The Jungle Cube"

    beautiful

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    216
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: "The Jungle Cube"

    NICE!! Very inspirited by all the nano tanks from AQ! Small yet nice. Can i check is it neccessary to dose excel even with co2 injection?

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    536
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    13
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: "The Jungle Cube"

    Quote Originally Posted by jackychun View Post
    This tank has been running for 7-8 months and stable at mature state. I still enjoy it a lot since it is placed on the studying table and can be watched anytime.

    Nothing much change on the plants and scape. Just added some Boraras maculatus and really like those small little active fish! They are schooling and really a great choice for small planted tank. :-)







    Otocinclus affinis have been added to algae control screw as well. So far, no algae issue in this tank.



    And fire red shrimps keep breeding like rabbit. I love them!





    Have a short time lapse of weekly tank maintenance that I would like to share. Enjoy! ✌️

    https://youtu.be/aK0k5U1ZNDk


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Omg bro! Very nice sia your tanks!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    809
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Vietnam

    Re: "The Jungle Cube"

    Quote Originally Posted by TTerry View Post
    NICE!! Very inspirited by all the nano tanks from AQ! Small yet nice. Can i check is it neccessary to dose excel even with co2 injection?
    Hi TTerry. Thank you. :-)

    If you already has CO2 injected, there is not necessary to dose Excel since the carbon source is supplied. However, it would be additional benefit if excel to be dosed since the plants will benefit from receiving bioavailable source carbon from there.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Planted Tank Journal: litiaquaria.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel on Planted Tank: YouTube .

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    809
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Vietnam

    Re: "The Jungle Cube"

    Quote Originally Posted by hirowen View Post
    Omg bro! Very nice sia your tanks!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks a lot bro! ✌️


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Planted Tank Journal: litiaquaria.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel on Planted Tank: YouTube .

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    216
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: "The Jungle Cube"

    Quote Originally Posted by jackychun View Post
    Hi TTerry. Thank you. :-)

    If you already has CO2 injected, there is not necessary to dose Excel since the carbon source is supplied. However, it would be additional benefit if excel to be dosed since the plants will benefit from receiving bioavailable source carbon from there.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ic. Thanks lot.

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,665
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    1
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: "The Jungle Cube"

    Hello again. Thanks for sharing your nice tank. I think Boraras urophthalmoides will usually school tightly with their larger Boraras maculatus species. Are they doing that now in your tank?

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    809
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Vietnam

    Re: "The Jungle Cube"

    Quote Originally Posted by torque6 View Post
    Hello again. Thanks for sharing your nice tank. I think Boraras urophthalmoides will usually school tightly with their larger Boraras maculatus species. Are they doing that now in your tank?
    Hi torque6,

    In my tank, I see the Boraras urophthalmoides and maculatus are not really schooling together.

    Boraras urophthamoildes even fight quite hard for their own territories amongst their own species. Those stronger males normally in better colouration and have their own territories in the tank.

    On the other hand, Boraras maculatus are schooling quite tightly together. I noticed that since I observed them from the tank in LFS Seaview. When bring them back home, they does not disappoint me. ✌️ They are schooling and active fish. And also has nice orange colour. They are quite durable as well. I bought 9 of them and the survival rare is 100% till now (est. 2 months).

    I think I might try chili rasboras next time.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Planted Tank Journal: litiaquaria.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel on Planted Tank: YouTube .

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,665
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    1
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: "The Jungle Cube"

    Quote Originally Posted by jackychun View Post
    Hi torque6,

    In my tank, I see the Boraras urophthalmoides and maculatus are not really schooling together.

    Boraras urophthamoildes even fight quite hard for their own territories amongst their own species. Those stronger males normally in better colouration and have their own territories in the tank.

    On the other hand, Boraras maculatus are schooling quite tightly together. I noticed that since I observed them from the tank in LFS Seaview. When bring them back home, they does not disappoint me. ✌️ They are schooling and active fish. And also has nice orange colour. They are quite durable as well. I bought 9 of them and the survival rare is 100% till now (est. 2 months).

    I think I might try chili rasboras next time.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Boraras urophthamoildes fighting with Maculatus is odd as Maculatus is slightly larger. Probably because it is a small tank. Chili Boraras are alot more territorial. I had them in my 1FT tank before, and the alpha male was chasing every other male, depriving them of food during feeding.

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    809
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Vietnam

    Re: "The Jungle Cube"

    Quote Originally Posted by torque6 View Post
    Boraras urophthamoildes fighting with Maculatus is odd as Maculatus is slightly larger. Probably because it is a small tank. Chili Boraras are alot more territorial. I had them in my 1FT tank before, and the alpha male was chasing every other male, depriving them of food during feeding.
    I mean the Boraras urophthamoides fighting within their own species, not with Maculatus rasboras. Haha.

    Ya, it can be seen that those rasboras/boraras are quite territorial. It is quite interesting to watch actually.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Planted Tank Journal: litiaquaria.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel on Planted Tank: YouTube .

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    809
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Vietnam

    Re: "The Jungle Cube"

    “The Jungle Cube” has been running for almost a year and still is one of my favorite tank!

    Just captured a shot video on the munching time. Hope you all enjoy it!

    https://youtu.be/MNWYUvFGp8E


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Planted Tank Journal: litiaquaria.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel on Planted Tank: YouTube .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •