Country
    Singapore

Places to buy Grade A CRS

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi everyone,

I'm looking to try keeping CRS, but I don't want to blow a lot of money on Grades S and above. Do you know shops in Singapore where I can buy Grade A CRS, and possibly give a rough estimate of the price involved?

I'm told that Nature Aquarium in Thomson sells CRS in bags sometimes, but I don't know at what grades or price.

Any other suggestions?
    Last edited by Ganthet; 5th Feb 2017 at 18:52.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Places to buy Grade A CRS

Try Aquarist Chamber, it is near Kovan and Serangoon. Their CRS price very reasonable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I've visited many LFS and by far AC is the best place to get them good grade and quality and reasonable price. Fishy Business has some too.

for shrimps it's either you get from home breeder, AC or fishy business. anymore suggestion from others?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Yup Fishy Business also good

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Other than the above mentioned LFS... you can also check at places like Seaview, they usually sell Grade A CRS at $40 for 20pcs, so it works out to $2 each. The only thing is the shrimps are pre-packed, so you cannot pick and choose the individual shrimps.

If you prefer to handpick your shrimps, then Aquarist Chamber would be one of the best places to visit.
    Last edited by Urban Aquaria; 6th Feb 2017 at 15:56.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi everyone, thanks for your replies!

Both Aquarist Chamber and Fishy Business sound good. Fishy Business is at Jalan Senang, correct? That's quite near for me cause I live in the East.
    But given that they are both retail, they should be more expensive compared to Seaview right? Since Seaview is wholesale?

In any case, I will definitely check them out. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi, sorry to have to revive this thread.

I visited Fishy Business the other day, the owner was really helpful, but he told me that he doesn't carry much CRS these days, he mainly has moved on to pure red line etc. He had a few CRS left but they were selling for $5 each which is far above my budget.

In addition, he mentioned that his stocks need RO water and are quite sensitive. We talked a bit about how the extensive breeding has made CRS more fragile.

Does anyone know whether the CRS stock at Aquarist Chamber or Seaview is just as fragile?
    And are then more hardy alternatives to CRS, such as Bee Shrimp or Orange Tigers? Fishy Business does not have those.

Any help would be very appreciated!
    Last edited by Ganthet; 18th Feb 2017 at 21:44.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

There is no such thing as cheap and good. What is good is not cheap and what is cheap is not as good as those expensive.

Generally, all shrimps are grouped as bee, cardinals and etc. So crs is bee and tiger is tiger. How sensitive they are depend on their grading. Grade sss crs is sensitive, grade A crs is less sensitive compare to grade sss but is still sensitive compare to neos.

With your budget, u are looking at probably grade s to a crs. U can grab them at seaview, green chapter and c328.

If you are looking for something less sensitive, den u can get tiger. But do note, the better the grading, the more sensitive the shrimps are.

The most hardy is yamato -> glass/ghost shrimp -> neocardinal (cherry/sakura) -> tiger (not kingkong or those with orange eye) -> bee shrimp (crs/wine/prl) -> cardinals (sulawasi)

Of course the above is some basic guidelines. Please do read up more. Basically most sensitive shrimp require ro waters to thrieve

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi, I do understand that there is a trade off between cheap and good. I am just trying to find lower grade CRS since I am new to keeping CRS and I do not want/need extremely high grades.

I currently keep Amanos and Sakura/Fire Red Shrimp. I am looking to buy some shrimp from the Cardinia family so they do not interbreed with the Fire Red Shrimp. This is why I was considering either Tiger or CRS (ie Bee Shrimp).

I don't currently plan to add RO water to my tank, so I wanted to know whether there are hardier grades of CRS or bee shrimp that can do without it. If not I will probably choose tiger shrimp instead.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

From my experience, i never succeed in keeping bee shrimp with de chlorinated tap water. Probably due to higher gh (6).

U can try to get grade A and below to try. But before u jump there, it would be best to get test kit.

Im going for tiger if im not getting test kit. But do take note, tiger and bee shrimp will inter breed.