Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Anyone had this problem with monte carlo?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Anyone had this problem with monte carlo?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Monte carlo carpeting plant started dying off only at the left side of tank. No change to fert regime, photo period and co2 injection. It seems its spreading to a larger part of the left side of the tank as you can see from the photos. The other areas are all fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Anyone had this problem with monte carlo?

I see you need to trim those MC down. Those brown out parts remove and replant using the trimmings.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    I see you need to trim those MC down. Those brown out parts remove and replant using the trimmings.
    Yes, its time for a trim. Problem with carpeting plant is extremely hard to just remove the brown out areas

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

You need to observe when to trim.
    If thickness reached 1 - 3cm, depending how strong your lighting, is time to trim. This is just a guide.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Anyone had this problem with monte carlo?

Perhaps your ferts dose & co2 regime are same from day 1 till this happened ? While your plants mass are keep increasing

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

In areas of the tank with less flow (like that area under your lily pipe on the left), its common to see plants looking less healthy or growing slower than plants in other areas... especially with carpet plants like HC or MC. This is due to the difference in flow and circulation within the tank. With less flow at a particular area, less nutrients and Co2 get circulated there, hence less resources for those plants to use.

Higher plant density also blocks flow, so as your carpet plants grow in, flow across the substrate gets reduced too. Have to either increase flow, redirect flow or trim the carpet plants regularly to moderate their density.

For your case, just have to remove all the brown melting parts, trim the carpet, harvest the healthy parts and replant in that section to grow them out again.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by milk_vanilla View Post
    Perhaps your ferts dose & co2 regime are same from day 1 till this happened ? While your plants mass are keep increasing
    For fert Im using lushgro aqua + micro + kh2Po4, and only after a major trim i will reduce the dosage if not normally i will follow the recommended dosage. Any advice how to calculate dosage? Im quite sure is not co2 as the dropchecker is almost yellow

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Aquaria View Post
    In areas of the tank with less flow (like that area under your lily pipe on the left), its common to see plants looking less healthy or growing slower than plants in other areas... especially with carpet plants like HC or MC. This is due to the difference in flow and circulation within the tank. With less flow at a particular area, less nutrients and Co2 get circulated there, hence less resources for those plants to use.

Higher plant density also blocks flow, so as your carpet plants grow in, flow across the substrate gets reduced too. Have to either increase flow, redirect flow or trim the carpet plants regularly to moderate their density.

For your case, just have to remove all the brown melting parts, trim the carpet, harvest the healthy parts and replant in that section to grow them out again.
    Definitely not the flow rate because for my 36cm nano tank im using eheim pro4, very fierce right 🤣. Was a free 2nd hand from my friend when he decom his tank and i didn't want to spend too much on this 2nd tank (i have another 3ft tank).