Country
    Singapore

Custom tank maker and light stand

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys,

I know this topic has probably been discussed many times before but just in case there is any hidden gem that i did not come across or miss. I am currently looking to custom make 3 feet shallow tank (crystal glass) with cabinet. I am contemplating if i should go with a sump tank as well but i will be using a chiller hence not sure if a sump will be cost effective as i need to also cool the water in the sump as well. I am also keen to know where is a good place to custom make light stand (ada style) for my new tank. Any suggest and advice is very much appreciated.

Regards
    Wk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Custom tank maker and light stand

If you use a sump , your display tank will need an internal overflow box , which will limit your aquascaping style or an external overflow box , which will either occupy additional space at the back of the tank or at the side , which can be an eyesore , either way , if its not the correct overflow box , will add additional noise in your home , the noise of splashing water .

But , there are overflow box that can run silent , google Ghost overflow box . Learn the design and add it to your tank .
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Custom tank maker and light stand

Hi there,

I am actually not looking at sump tank, just a normal crystal glass tank and i will be using external cannister with chiller. I have gotten a few quotes from tank makers but i guess i will just buy off the shelves as the prices i got from custom tank makers is quite expensive. Further to that i saw a tank promotion at east ocean which is also within my budget hence i will most probably go for it even though its a standard 3 feet tank (3x1.5x1.5)

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    If you use a sump , your display tank will need an internal overflow box , which will limit your aquascaping style or an external overflow box , which will either occupy additional space at the back of the tank or at the side , which can be an eyesore , either way , if its not the correct overflow box , will add additional noise in your home , the noise of splashing water .

But , there are overflow box that can run silent , google Ghost overflow box . Learn the design and add it to your tank .