Country
    Malaysia

Red plants

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi Guys!

New to this planted aquarium hobby. I just like to seek assistance on identifying this plant. Not really sure which specie but I think it's a Ludwigia. Also, I'd like to ask how to take care of it in terms of trimming, nutrients and whatnot. I noticed that it grows roots on the stem itself, does it mean I can cut there and the old one will grow new leaves? How can I keep it red? Do I need to trim those discolored leaves?

Thanks in advance so much sifus!

EDIT: Here is the direct link if in case inserted picture is too small to see details. http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/d...302_235531.jpg

Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    Country
    United States

Re: Red plants

Looks like a.reineckii

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Punanister View Post
    Hi Guys!

New to this planted aquarium hobby. I just like to seek assistance on identifying this plant. Not really sure which specie but I think it's a Ludwigia. Also, I'd like to ask how to take care of it in terms of trimming, nutrients and whatnot. I noticed that it grows roots on the stem itself, does it mean I can cut there and the old one will grow new leaves? How can I keep it red? Do I need to trim those discolored leaves?

Thanks in advance so much sifus!

EDIT: Here is the direct link if in case inserted picture is too small to see details. http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/d...302_235531.jpg

Oh hi Punanister.!
    First of all, welcome to the forum. Yes, from the way I see, it is a Ludwigia and from my knowledge I believe it's called "Ludwigia Glandulosa". I had one in my tank and it's been 1 month now. Their leaves tends to turn red when they're submerged and given with high lights. So yeah I do trim the Emersed leafs when I see lots of red leaves starting to form. For Ferts wise, i dose IRON & K. Because these plants needs lots of iron if u want to keep them stay bright red.

Here's mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia

Quote Originally Posted by ZanPBB View Post
    Oh hi Punanister.!
    First of all, welcome to the forum. Yes, from the way I see, it is a Ludwigia and from my knowledge I believe it's called "Ludwigia Glandulosa". I had one in my tank and it's been 1 month now. Their leaves tends to turn red when they're submerged and given with high lights. So yeah I do trim the Emersed leafs when I see lots of red leaves starting to form. For Ferts wise, i dose IRON & K. Because these plants needs lots of iron if u want to keep them stay bright red.

Here's mine

Thanks for the warm welcome ZanPBB. Yeah, it looks like it but leaves in mine are wavy and yours is straight and perfect. Hmmm... I'll try to dose iron and K then. See what happens. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SantaMonicaHelp View Post
    Hi Punanister,
    Welcome to the forum and hobby
    Very nice plant! Have you identified it?

Zhenya
    Not yet. I thought it is a Ludwigia like what ZanPBB stated. But with the difference in the leaves,I find myself confused again. Hahaha!

EDIT: Space doesn't work when replying with quoted messages.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Punanister View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome ZanPBB. Yeah, it looks like it but leaves in mine are wavy and yours is straight and perfect. Hmmm... I'll try to dose iron and K then. See what happens. Thanks!

Not yet. I thought it is a Ludwigia like what ZanPBB stated. But with the difference in the leaves,I find myself confused again. Hahaha!

EDIT: Space doesn't work when replying with quoted messages.

Hi Punanister.

Yes, don't worry about the wavy on the leaves. It's normal from what I see on other Ludwigia G. The plant just need some time to adjust to its adaptations.
    All you have to do is to maintain the balance of the tank. Here are some of the Ludwigia G. that I see. (Pic below are from Google)

Encyclopedia of plant

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Any idea what plant is this? I'm also looking for red plants to form the background

IMG_3759.jpg
    -----------------------------
    Of all the things I had lost, I miss my mind the most...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia

Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    Any idea what plant is this? I'm also looking for red plants to form the background

IMG_3759.jpg
    It's the same plant earthworm.

Sent from my SM-A710F using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    United States

I have never seen the same plant before.