Country
    Singapore

Fluval C2

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

Feeling a bit stupid here but I bought a fluval C2 from Amazon US and then realised that it requires 110V 60Hz supply. I have an adaptor that can step down 230V to 110V but I can't do anything with the 50Hz frequency in Singapore.

After some googling, it seems that its dangerous to run the C2 (or any motor in general) on 50Hz frequency if its designed for 60Hz.

Is it possible to buy a replacement motor for the Fluval C2 that will run on 230V 50Hz? Does anyone know where I can get one? Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Fluval C2

yeah i got an air pump that i got from amazon that uses 110v too, it is just gathering dust on my shelf.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Fluval C2

i know this is an old thread but thought some people may find it useful. A device such as an electric toothbrush is about 1 watt. A fluval C2 is abut 5 watts. you can get a reliable transformer the size of a usual travel adaptor for under 10 SGD that supports up to 50 watts. But generally, rule of thumb, in order to keep it running cool do not exceed half the rated wattage.

So 5 watts for a C2 is waaaaay less than the "safe" limit for a 50W transformer