Thread: Tank mate for Angel fish

Feedback Score
    Images

Tank mate for Angel fish

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all, I have 10 Angel fishes in 422 tank with sump. Various species. Some low light plants. Nerrite snails. What would you recommend as tank mates? Discus?What would be good as algae eating fish? (Not Otto)

Sent from my HUAWEI KII-L22 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Tank mate for Angel fish

Quote Originally Posted by gimhchng View Post
    Hi all, I have 10 Angel fishes in 422 tank with sump. Various species. Some low light plants. Nerrite snails. What would you recommend as tank mates? ...
    Since Angelfish is obviously your fav fish, adding Dicsus in the tank would definitely dilute your interest in the angels. This is because discuss in itself is in a class higher than the humble Angelfish and you may possibly even ditch your Angels for all discuss. All said, there's nothing wrong it that, though.

If you really love Angelfish, believe me you, adding a handful of red Platys will brighten up your tank no end.
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!

Feedback Score
    Images

Re: Tank mate for Angel fish

Actually all the Angel fishes are adopted from hobbyist...upgraded to 422 from initial 2ft due to that as well. I have been looking for Discus and apisto for quite awhile but never venture in due to limited tank size. With current bigger tank, hoping to house them...not planning to breed the fishes as well...
    Yamato shrimps work pretty well for me in planted, but obviously wouldn't work with angels...probably will get common bristle nose pleco to keep algae in bay...but not sure how effective they are with plant leaves...comments?

Sent from my HUAWEI KII-L22 using Tapatalk