Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tiny fine particles floating in tank. How should I tackle them?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Tiny fine particles floating in tank. How should I tackle them?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrakid View Post
    You may wish to place a layer of aquarium filter wool in addition to the sponges provided. No point in buying a new filter.
    Hi Tetrakid,

I have indeed bought a set of filterwool. Now I'm using a layer of activated carbon filter + filter wool in my hang on filter. However, I think the Carbon Filter's opening is too small and doesn't allow water to pass through easily, which causes my filter to overflow.

I bought a GEX Slim Filter SS but realize it doesn't suit my tank so trying to sell it off. Then i bought a OF Surface skimmer. My surface is a lot cleaner. My tank looks cleaner than before after some of these. But the OF surface skimmer is quite big and doesn't look good on my tank.. So maybe after a while I'll try to sell it off once I find a more suitable filter with skimmer.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi all. It seems that these white particles have calmed down a lot this week. After introducing a surface skimmer and changing my filter's sponge, my water has remained pretty clear for the past 3 days. did a 50% water change today and the tank is looking good, though temperature may not be very cool. May be due to the OF Surface skimmer since it's in the tank itself running. Not sure how I can keep my tank any cooler since it's so small. I tried a fan but it just evaporates too fast. But overall tank cleaniness looks much better. thanks for all the suggestions.

Now gotta sell off this GEX filter. don't know spent how much testing the different equipment already./

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by rhexis07 View Post
    Hi all. It seems that these white particles have calmed down a lot this week. After introducing a surface skimmer and changing my filter's sponge, my water has remained pretty clear for the past 3 days. did a 50% water change today and the tank is looking good, though temperature may not be very cool. May be due to the OF Surface skimmer since it's in the tank itself running. Not sure how I can keep my tank any cooler since it's so small. I tried a fan but it just evaporates too fast. But overall tank cleaniness looks much better. thanks for all the suggestions.

Now gotta sell off this GEX filter. don't know spent how much testing the different equipment already./
    There's only 2 options: Use a fan or chiller.
    For fan it is more energy efficient but causes water to evaporate
    For chiller it is energy intensive but in fact slows down evaporation of water.

Also depends on your budget at Seaview the cheapest chiller I saw when I went there yesterday was $200++.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
    Does this make sense: ~Imperfect Past equals future tense~

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by happydanio123 View Post
    There's only 2 options: Use a fan or chiller.
    For fan it is more energy efficient but causes water to evaporate
    For chiller it is energy intensive but in fact slows down evaporation of water.

Also depends on your budget at Seaview the cheapest chiller I saw when I went there yesterday was $200++.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
    I actually got a fan to try. but the evaporation was almost 1 inch per day I think! Since mine is only 25x25x25 tank it' s very small.

Chiller... I saw AL-30 looks good. But will need to read up more.. and yah.. budget..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12