Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Need Help With Beamswork LED Light Purchased from TB

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Good day to all the planted tank veterans. I have a question and would be grateful for all the help here.

I received a unit of 'Beamswork' LED light yesterday bought from Taobao. I have also attached pics of the electrical adapter from Taobao and the one I bought in SG.

1) The electrical unit from Taobao says, AC/DC Adapter Input: AC180 - 240V (50-60 Hz), Output: DC26 - 45V 480mA

2) Whereas the one I bought in SG says, AC Adapter Input: AC100 - 240V (50-60 Hz), Output: DC12V 3A

Can the experts please tell me if the unit purchased from Taobao can be safely used here in SG?

Also, how and where can I buy a new adapter to replace the one from Taobao and complies with SG standards?

Thanks in advance

Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Need Help With Beamswork LED Light Purchased from TB

Can someone help me with this question please. Much appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by sjinhu888; 29th May 2017 at 21:36. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Not an electrical expert but to my knowledge , we are using 220v , 110v is for other countries like the US . Since it is 100v - 240v , it looks like ok to be used here . Be careful though .
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thank you for your advice BFG :-)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I think the output doesn't really matter since it's what the led is going to use for power. Since the input is exactly the same as the SG one, go ahead and use it.
    The higher output just means the LEDs use more energy and hence might be brighter? Pls check and post your results. It would be interesting!

Cheers!
    Happydanio.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
    Does this make sense: ~Imperfect Past equals future tense~

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks for your advice Happydanio :-) I'm not sure if it will be brighter with the higher output though.

My primary concern is safety because compared to the set I bought in LFS, the output is the standard DC12A. But with all the advice I got from here so far, looks like its ok to use.

Cheers

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Recently i bought my lightning from TB too. Beside the adapter duo pin is flat compare to the one i bought from seaview duo pin is round (also dont have SG safety QC), input voltage and amp range within our local power supply 230v/ 50-60hz. i dont have problem with it so far. I believed many of our lfs lightning came from china too..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by TTerry View Post
    Recently i bought my lightning from TB too. Beside the adapter duo pin is flat compare to the one i bought from seaview duo pin is round (also dont have SG safety QC), input voltage and amp range within our local power supply 230v/ 50-60hz. i dont have problem with it so far. I believed many of our lfs lightning came from china too..
    Yeap I think that's how things work these days....

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
    Does this make sense: ~Imperfect Past equals future tense~

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi TTerry,

Yes, mine also the same. But as long as it doesn't cause any safety problems, I think it's fine.

Frankly, the biggest attraction to buy on TB is due to price. Along with this same order, I also purchased a Chihixxx A-plus LED and the price is 50% lower than SG. Works great.

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by sjinhu888 View Post
    Hi TTerry,

Yes, mine also the same. But as long as it doesn't cause any safety problems, I think it's fine.

Frankly, the biggest attraction to buy on TB is due to price. Along with this same order, I also purchased a Chihixxx A-plus LED and the price is 50% lower than SG. Works great.

Cheers!
    Hi Sjinhu,

I find that the price of chihiros series light fixtures (including shipping) not that attractive.

Example A-plus 601. i found in local LFS which price at about $85 (not sure if it come with dimmer), while TB selling about $70 exclude shipping yet (+ shipping about $10-$15). Mind to share the price you bought the A-series plus?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hi Sjinhu,

I find that the price of chihiros series light fixtures (including shipping) not that attractive.

Example A-plus 601. i found in local LFS which price at about $85 (not sure if it come with dimmer), while TB selling about $70 exclude shipping yet (+ shipping about $10-$15). Mind to share the price you bought the A-series plus?
    Chihiros series light fixture come with the dimmer. However, I know of 1 LFS who told me it's not included and you need to pay extra, this happened to me before when I visited their shop early last year. If possible, do get from Sunpet or Iwarna (I think so), they are the authorised dealer.

By the way, I won't bother saving 50% just to cheap out on a local set with 1 year warrenty and the right voltage (QC passed). Electrical appliances are high risk, save that $30-$40, in the end wrong voltage cause fire or injury.

Test kits, supplements, fish food, scissors, tools etc overseas are indeed cheaper. I ship those in myself. But best deals are still your usual Y618, C328 and seaview, if you can make the trip down.

Funny thing is I still see people pricing their new Fluval C4 at $90 and their eheim 2215 for $170 on carousel frequently. No idea which chop shop they buy their stuff from.
    Last edited by torque6; 8th Aug 2017 at 21:25.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by torque6 View Post
    Chihiros series light fixture come with the dimmer. However, I know of 1 LFS who told me it's not included and you need to pay extra, this happened to me before when I visited their shop early last year. If possible, do get from Sunpet or Iwarna (I think so), they are the authorised dealer.

By the way, I won't bother saving 50% just to cheap out on a local set with 1 year warrenty and the right voltage (QC passed). Electrical appliances are high risk, save that $30-$40, in the end wrong voltage cause fire or injury.

Test kits, supplements, fish food, scissors, tools etc overseas are indeed cheaper. I ship those in myself. But best deals are still your usual Y618, C328 and seaview, if you can make the trip down.

Funny thing is I still see people pricing their new Fluval C4 at $90 and their eheim 2215 for $170 on carousel frequently. No idea which chop shop they buy their stuff from.

Yes... I bought my chihiros RGB at LFS without dimmer...

i think each and every LFS have their good pricing items. Just depends which is more convenient.

agree man.... some selling at near brand new pricing...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Dimmer for chihiros RGB can be separately purchased, cheaply from any LED mod shops
    many types to choose from, some have remote control via app ability

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    Dimmer for chihiros RGB can be separately purchased, cheaply from any LED mod shops
    many types to choose from, some have remote control via app ability
    Hi, do you mind to share the shops?