Country
    Singapore

CO2 Solenoid Leaking?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi everyone,

I have installed a secondhand solenoid from a local seller about a week back. I've attached it to my co2 tank and it works well, allowing co2 to flow once the solenoid comes on. I did a leak test on it (using soapy water) and it was fine. After that I turned off the solenoid, closed the valve of the main co2 tank and waited. After about 10 hours I noticed the needles on the gauge has returned to 0. Does this mean the solenoid is leaking somewhere inside? I would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: CO2 Solenoid Leaking?

It indicate that is time for you to refill your tank.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Kingelliot View Post
    It indicate that is time for you to refill your tank.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Oh, I've just refilled my tank. I was testing my Solenoid regulator hence the shut off of the main co2 valve.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

There will be two indicators, one shows the pressure inside the tank when you open the main valve and the other shows the line pressure where you connect the diffuser. This reading might go down to zero once it diffuses all co2 and no incoming co2(when solenoid turns off) this is notmal u need not worry.

Second case, when you turn off the main valve, there is no active pressure acting on the indicator so there is always a possibility for this indicator go zero based on "when" you turn off the main valve.

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-UL00 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Its normal for both indicators to show 0 when you close the mail valve...need not worry.

Assuming a 2L tank and 1-2bps 6-8hrs a day, if your canister doesnt last more than 6months then you need to worry.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by madhav96001 View Post
    There will be two indicators, one shows the pressure inside the tank when you open the main valve and the other shows the line pressure where you connect the diffuser. This reading might go down to zero once it diffuses all co2 and no incoming co2(when solenoid turns off) this is notmal u need not worry.

Second case, when you turn off the main valve, there is no active pressure acting on the indicator so there is always a possibility for this indicator go zero based on "when" you turn off the main valve.

Oh okay, because i was a little worried. My previous 2 litre co2 tank lasted three days but I'm guessing/hoping it's because I didn't attach the solenoid properly which caused the leak.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by madhav96001 View Post
    Its normal for both indicators to show 0 when you close the mail valve...need not worry.

Assuming a 2L tank and 1-2bps 6-8hrs a day, if your canister doesnt last more than 6months then you need to worry.

Oh I see I see because my previous 2 litre co2 tank lasted three days but I'm guessing/hoping it's because I didn't attach the solenoid properly which caused the leak.