Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Horned nerite snails and oxygen

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi, I have an opae ula setup without oxygen. Would it be possible to add a horned nerite snail in? Can they survive without oxygen?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Horned nerite snails and oxygen

Quote Originally Posted by ongxt View Post
    Hi, I have an opae ula setup without oxygen. Would it be possible to add a horned nerite snail in? Can they survive without oxygen?

Thanks in advance!

Yes they can.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    United Kingdom

Yup you can, i have several in my tank but be sure to have a lid on your tank so they dont escape.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks both! Do u guys know the maximum amount of shrimp allowed for a 0.5L jar?

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Laika View Post
    Yup you can, i have several in my tank but be sure to have a lid on your tank so they dont escape.
    my 2 snails committed suicide after they climbed out of my uncovered tank, I believe they may have agreed to do it together as their carcasses were found next to each other outside the tank...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

From what I have read. they climb out if the water quality is not good and try to find better living space.

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Sam1809 View Post
    From what I have read. they climb out if the water quality is not good and try to find better living space.

1 of them have come back to life after I put them in a container of water overnight...

I think its a miracle because their bodies were all dried up when I discovered them outside, now awaiting to see if the other one will come back also

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Where did you get your horn snails? Opae ula is in brackish water... if you buy those horn snails from LFS... chances are they are acclimatized to freshwater...

from what i read... horn snails can be acclimatized to brackish water as well... i tried drip acclimatized the horn snails bought from Seaview over a few hours... and put them in my opae ula tank... for 1 week they mostly stayed on top of the water line... then they slowly died one by one...

so i am not sure if those LFS horned snails can be acclimatized to brackish water... or they are the wrong type of snails... or i did not do the acclimatization properly...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by ryangiggs View Post
    Where did you get your horn snails? Opae ula is in brackish water... if you buy those horn snails from LFS... chances are they are acclimatized to freshwater...

from what i read... horn snails can be acclimatized to brackish water as well... i tried drip acclimatized the horn snails bought from Seaview over a few hours... and put them in my opae ula tank... for 1 week they mostly stayed on top of the water line... then they slowly died one by one...

so i am not sure if those LFS horned snails can be acclimatized to brackish water... or they are the wrong type of snails... or i did not do the acclimatization properly...
    You can get it at crs haven but theirs are more expensive.