Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sturisoma panamense (regal whiptail)

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Cool List of Royal Pleco

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by jja
    yup royals, there are a different types..

To start off here is a short profile list

L27 can be broken into L27a, L27b, L27c- They are from Brazil, Rio. the river source are Tocantins,Xingu, Maranhao,Araguai and Tapajos, and hence they get their names from there

L90 is from Peru. the Iquitos region

L190 is from Columbia but there are some claims that there are some found in Venezuela also

L191 is also from Columbia

L203 is from Peru, Upper Rio Ucayali

L330 is also known as the watermelon is found in Columbia in the Rio Gueja

Some claims that the LDA 29 is also a panaque from Peru.. i am not sure about this

LDA 63 is also from the xingu river

that is all i roughly know. hope it helps
    Wow! That is quite a list for just Royal Pleco. I guess L27C is the nicer of all? is there one call Plantium Royal Pleco? Much appreciated and learnt something today.
    The More You Share, The More You Have

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Star-flog
    Wow! That is quite a list for just Royal Pleco. I guess L27C is the nicer of all? is there one call Plantium Royal Pleco? Much appreciated and learnt something today.
    Nice is subjective lah... some people are crazy about bristlenose and to some they are mean ugly looking monsters.. Royals some like thick bland bands as the ultmaie looking. some swear by fully spotted as the champion.. there even those who stand firm saying the royal with the longest whiptail is the best... real subjective.. to each royal lover their own choice. Yes there is a royal called the Platinium.. it could be from a different river or just a varient...*shrug* that is my guess.. think better revert back to the main topic rather than sway away.. hheehe hope to meet up with ya soon since u staying so near by

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Nice is subjective lah... some people are crazy about bristlenose and to some they are mean ugly looking monsters.. Royals some like thick bland bands as the ultmaie looking. some swear by fully spotted as the champion.. there even those who stand firm saying the royal with the longest whiptail is the best... real subjective.. to each royal lover their own choice. Yes there is a royal called the Platinium.. it could be from a different river or just a varient...*shrug* that is my guess.. think better revert back to the main topic rather than sway away.. hhehe hope to meet up with ya soon since u staying so near by
    Sure, you're very experience Pleco breeder like Akoh. Before closing off this, can Royals live together with Flash Pleco and regal whiptail in the same planted tank? They all eat aglae wafer right?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Sure, you're very experience Pleco breeder like Akoh. Before closing off this, can Royals live together with Flash Pleco and regal whiptail in the same planted tank? They all eat aglae wafer right?

i am not as expereince as Akoh but we are buddies. what i know is mostly what i have picked up from him he is a "big bro" to me . my own opinion is that best to let them each have their own tank space. more focus. yup they enjoy algae wafers

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i am not as expereince as Akoh but we are buddies. what i know is mostly what i have picked up from him he is a "big bro" to me . my own opinion is that best to let them each have their own tank space. more focus. yup they enjoy algae wafers
    Thanks thanks and thanks..I brought 3 pcs of Flash Pleco (size about ~ 1" to 1.5") and they're very cute and adorable. I start to love Pleco more than planted tank for now??

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Star-flog ! Royal Twigs are not jumper ! hence dun worry too much !. L204 juveniles are fragile and need more TLC ( Tender loving care ) have fun !

There are also various variant in L090, they are L090a, L090b, L090c and L090d, the distinct difference between them is the body colouration, They are from Peru.
    Safe Diving !
    Seeking for the Ultimate Diving Adventure !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by akoh
    Star-flog ! Royal Twigs are not jumper ! hence dun worry too much !. L204 juveniles are fragile and need more TLC ( Tender loving care ) have fun !

There are also various variant in L090, they are L090a, L090b, L090c and L090d, the distinct difference between them is the body colouration, They are from Peru.
    Now, I got 3 juveniles L204 + 2 regal whiptail juveniles in 2ft tank. Also added in two strong internal power filter and lots of driftwoods. The only diet is Aglae wafer, nothing else. OK? They seem very happy living together and moving around a lot (especially near the strong current area). Very nice...what can I say!

Thinking of adding 1 L134, don't know okay or not? Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    L134 = L046 look-a-like ??

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Allen, from an innocent query on the 'helicopter', you've turned another algae-eater-searcher to a plecorymaniac!

jja, time to start L046 breeding program too!
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    L134 = L046 look-a-like ??
    They look quite different, but if you've been staring at the L046 for a long long time without being able to get your hands on them, you may eventually fall in love with the likes of L134 and some 'Chocolate Zebras'. Like I did.
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by coryfav
    Allen, from an innocent query on the 'helicopter', you've turned another algae-eater-searcher to a plecorymaniac!

nah, me not into L46... me still like pseudas and whiptails.. L46 nice but maybe not my cup of tea.. only wish now is for approval to have another tank ehehehh...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    They look quite different, but if you've been staring at the L046 for a long long time without being able to get your hands on them, you may eventually fall in love with the likes of L134 and some 'Chocolate Zebras'. Like I did.
    Yup...I'm now exactly in that situation. Nevertheless, isn't it L134 lovely too?
    Need to get a little more experience on Pleco keeping before go into L046, the ultimate!! THANKS.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Flor ! the heart is weak and the force is strong !. Recoup from the " ill name of plecs " we must !
    Safe Diving !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi jja, PM my contact information. I heard you're going to breed L046? good and count me in if you've any offspring later?

maybe will try breeding some other types lah... planning to use a 3 footer for a project heheheh.... well if i succesful with zebra i will count you in .. onz ahhh

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    maybe will try breeding some other types lah... planning to use a 3 footer for a project heheheh.... well if i succesful with zebra i will count you in .. onz ahhh
    No problem. Thinking to custom made a 4ft tank just for Pleco..4ft x 1ft x 1ft (narrow long tank) to go with my decor. Hope not too expensive.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    No problem. Thinking to custom made a 4ft tank just for Pleco..4ft x 1ft x 1ft (narrow long tank) to go with my decor. Hope not too expensive.
    a good tank maker that I know of is David ( QWS Tank Connections), his tanks are good and reliable. Maybe you can give him a call and arrange for him to advice and give his opinion for the tank you have in mind. Friendly fella and helpful. For me i prefer tanks with depth... do hope to see ur tank soon

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    a good tank maker that I know of is David ( QWS Tank Connections), his tanks are good and reliable. Maybe you can give him a call and arrange for him to advice and give his opinion for the tank you have in mind. Friendly fella and helpful. For me i prefer tanks with depth... do hope to see ur tank soon
    Yupp, I just jointed Planet Catfish forum recently and posted a question on custom made a 4ft Pleco tank.

Initially I was thinking to go for 4ft x 1ft x 1ft (the long and landscape look and try to be different ) but various members from UK & USA commented/advised to go for 4ft(L) x 1.5ft(H) x 2ft(W) and can hold a lot of water. Good size, can be expensive to make!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Star-flog ! I got my 4'x2'x2' x 1/2 " tank from David and the " damage " is below 250 bucks !. Super customer service ! I called in the morning and he delivered the tank in the afternoon ! Champion !
    Safe Diving !

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by akoh
    Star-flog ! I got my 4'x2'x2' x 1/2 " tank from David and the " damage " is below 250 bucks !. Super customer service ! I called in the morning and he delivered the tank in the afternoon ! Champion !
    akoh, thanks for the info. I called Soon Heng for the price and also very good. Actually I'm still in the planning stage whether to go 4ft or 5ft so that I can buy and house more Royals
    Have you been to the aquarama show yesterday, how was it and worth going? I would be there in Satursday morning...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    akoh, thanks for the info. I called Soon Heng for the price and also very good. Actually I'm still in the planning stage whether to go 4ft or 5ft so that I can buy and house more Royals
    Have you been to the aquarama show yesterday, how was it and worth going? I would be there in Satursday morning...
    Bigger volume are easier to control and maintain hence go for bigger tank.

I was there the entire afternoon, any exhibition relating to fish keeping is alway good lah ! moreover I got a few items at bargain price !
    Safe Diving !

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast