Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Lushgro KNO3 solution

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    426
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

    Lushgro KNO3 solution

    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

    Advertise here

    Advertise here
    Hi anyone know of a fertiliser calculator to calculate the desired dosage for the above. Seems most calculators only provide options for more well know liquid brands like ADA Seachem etc. The lushgro solution also looks more diluted than Seachem Nitrogen? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    637
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Lushgro KNO3 solution

    There should be dosage instruction, no?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    176
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Lushgro KNO3 solution

    Quote Originally Posted by Goalkeeper View Post
    Hi anyone know of a fertiliser calculator to calculate the desired dosage for the above. Seems most calculators only provide options for more well know liquid brands like ADA Seachem etc. The lushgro solution also looks more diluted than Seachem Nitrogen? Thanks.
    For Lushgro KNO3 solution

    Every 10ml to 100L is 3.1ppm of NO3 (not 31ppm written on the label)

    First, need to know the volume of your tank:
    -Example 1
    200L, then u need 20ml to get 3.1ppm of NO3

    -Example 2
    60L, then u need (60x10/100) 6ml to get 3.1ppm of NO3

    Next, u need to know how much ppm of NO3 u want to dose for your volume:
    -Example you want 5ppm of NO3 and your is 60L

    Then u take (5x6ml/3.1) 9.7ml to get 5ppm of NO3


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    426
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Lushgro KNO3 solution

    Thanks for your help and correction of the label error!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    25
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Lushgro KNO3 solution

    Hi Kaen

    Am new to EI and trying out. Just bought the KNO5% too and based on calculation, i was to dose 19.3ml to get 10ppm for my 2ft. But its all gone within 24hrs..so I was puzzled

    I also rechecked with Lush after reading your post and they confirm using 50g of KNO3 to 100L water to attain this solution. In theory it is 31ppm?

    How did you get 3.1ppm?? Lush confirmed?

    J

    Quote Originally Posted by kaen130 View Post
    For Lushgro KNO3 solution

    Every 10ml to 100L is 3.1ppm of NO3 (not 31ppm written on the label)

    First, need to know the volume of your tank:
    -Example 1
    200L, then u need 20ml to get 3.1ppm of NO3

    -Example 2
    60L, then u need (60x10/100) 6ml to get 3.1ppm of NO3

    Next, u need to know how much ppm of NO3 u want to dose for your volume:
    -Example you want 5ppm of NO3 and your is 60L

    Then u take (5x6ml/3.1) 9.7ml to get 5ppm of NO3


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    176
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Lushgro KNO3 solution

    Quote Originally Posted by janboyz View Post
    Hi Kaen

    Am new to EI and trying out. Just bought the KNO5% too and based on calculation, i was to dose 19.3ml to get 10ppm for my 2ft. But its all gone within 24hrs..so I was puzzled

    I also rechecked with Lush after reading your post and they confirm using 50g of KNO3 to 100L water to attain this solution. In theory it is 31ppm?

    How did you get 3.1ppm?? Lush confirmed?

    J
    Hihi,

    U can refer to these 2 links on my findings:
    http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...k-NO3-Solution

    http://www.plantedtank.net/forums#/topics/956993

    ---------
    1 Liter of 5% KNO3 solution contain
    -1 Liter of Water (1000g)
    -50g of KNO3 (5% of 1000g)

    Then based on fertilizer dosing calculator (my previous aquarium is 100L), u get the correct dosage.



    ---------
    I already finished the KNO3 solution, so I can't remember what the label writes. If u can take a photo and post here, I should have another way to proof it is more dilute than it has stated.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    426
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Lushgro KNO3 solution

    Indeed the solution looks very diluted to me. The Seachem nitrogen looks more concentrated though more expensive. I'm wondering if the price difference will be minimal after considering the concentration of the content in both?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    25
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Lushgro KNO3 solution

    Quote Originally Posted by kaen130 View Post
    Hihi,

    U can refer to these 2 links on my findings:
    http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...k-NO3-Solution

    http://www.plantedtank.net/forums#/topics/956993

    ---------
    1 Liter of 5% KNO3 solution contain
    -1 Liter of Water (1000g)
    -50g of KNO3 (5% of 1000g)

    Then based on fertilizer dosing calculator (my previous aquarium is 100L), u get the correct dosage.



    ---------
    I already finished the KNO3 solution, so I can't remember what the label writes. If u can take a photo and post here, I should have another way to proof it is more dilute than it has stated.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My mistake, you are right on 10ml being 3.1ppm, their new labels states 100ml in 100L derives 31ppm

    Thanks for the reference calculators

    But my description of 10ppm of NO3 on a 60L being bottomed out within 24hrs, is that normal?

    Appreciate your tips on my 60L as I was actually hoping to do a weekly single dose due to work commits?




    J

    Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10 using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    176
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Lushgro KNO3 solution

    Quote Originally Posted by janboyz View Post
    My mistake, you are right on 10ml being 3.1ppm, their new labels states 100ml in 100L derives 31ppm

    Thanks for the reference calculators

    But my description of 10ppm of NO3 on a 60L being bottomed out within 24hrs, is that normal?

    Appreciate your tips on my 60L as I was actually hoping to do a weekly single dose due to work commits?




    J

    Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10 using Tapatalk
    I see they changed their label, good good. Last time was written "10ml to 100L" I think.

    As to how much to dose, every tank is different. It really depends how dense you plant, how fast your plant intake the nutrients, how strong ur light, how much CO2, and maybe some others.

    U probably may have to dose more and do trial and error.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    25
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Lushgro KNO3 solution

    Quote Originally Posted by kaen130 View Post
    I see they changed their label, good good. Last time was written "10ml to 100L" I think.

    As to how much to dose, every tank is different. It really depends how dense you plant, how fast your plant intake the nutrients, how strong ur light, how much CO2, and maybe some others.

    U probably may have to dose more and do trial and error.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks again

    But is bottoming out within 24hr's normal at all for EI? I thought it was the concept of EI to always have excess within the water column?

    My tank is 1/3 filled with buceps .....still learning.

    I get the alternate day macro micro dose but since it's bottomed out, should I add more till there is spill over to the next day or just let it bottom out and leave it.

    I tried 15ppm per day and that also bottomed out. Worried that I may KO with going to 20ppm and up

    Kinda confused.

    J

    Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10 using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    176
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Lushgro KNO3 solution

    Quote Originally Posted by janboyz View Post
    Thanks again

    But is bottoming out within 24hr's normal at all for EI? I thought it was the concept of EI to always have excess within the water column?

    My tank is 1/3 filled with buceps .....still learning.

    I get the alternate day macro micro dose but since it's bottomed out, should I add more till there is spill over to the next day or just let it bottom out and leave it.

    I tried 15ppm per day and that also bottomed out. Worried that I may KO with going to 20ppm and up

    Kinda confused.

    J

    Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10 using Tapatalk
    Probably u try a test, put a 30ppm worth of NO3 in a small volume of container and do a test to see if the test kit is showing 30ppm?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    25
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Lushgro KNO3 solution

    Quote Originally Posted by kaen130 View Post
    Probably u try a test, put a 30ppm worth of NO3 in a small volume of container and do a test to see if the test kit is showing 30ppm?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, tried that already as I was wondering if my test kit was expired. Tested fine.

    Wondering if any of you ever measured on daily nitrate consumption and if this is normal or just ignore and follow the routine

    J

    Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10 using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    176
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Lushgro KNO3 solution

    Quote Originally Posted by janboyz View Post
    Yes, tried that already as I was wondering if my test kit was expired. Tested fine.

    Wondering if any of you ever measured on daily nitrate consumption and if this is normal or just ignore and follow the routine

    J

    Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10 using Tapatalk
    Hmm, initially I doze 2-4ppm daily.

    After that I realized NO3 built up, so I only dose 2-3 times a week of 2-4ppm NO3 to my 100L aquarium.

    Do observe for deficiency symptom...if there is no such signs, then is ok


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    25
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Lushgro KNO3 solution

    Quote Originally Posted by kaen130 View Post
    Hmm, initially I doze 2-4ppm daily.

    After that I realized NO3 built up, so I only dose 2-3 times a week of 2-4ppm NO3 to my 100L aquarium.

    Do observe for deficiency symptom...if there is no such signs, then is ok


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Roger that, thanks for all the advice

    Greatly appreciated

    J

    Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10 using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    426
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Lushgro KNO3 solution

    Quote Originally Posted by janboyz View Post
    Thanks again

    But is bottoming out within 24hr's normal at all for EI? I thought it was the concept of EI to always have excess within the water column?

    My tank is 1/3 filled with buceps .....still learning.

    I get the alternate day macro micro dose but since it's bottomed out, should I add more till there is spill over to the next day or just let it bottom out and leave it.

    I tried 15ppm per day and that also bottomed out. Worried that I may KO with going to 20ppm and up

    Kinda confused.

    J

    Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10 using Tapatalk
    nice bucep tank you have. How long does it take to grow so bushy / compact??

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    63
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Lushgro KNO3 solution

    Quote Originally Posted by janboyz View Post
    My mistake, you are right on 10ml being 3.1ppm, their new labels states 100ml in 100L derives 31ppm

    Thanks for the reference calculators

    But my description of 10ppm of NO3 on a 60L being bottomed out within 24hrs, is that normal?

    Appreciate your tips on my 60L as I was actually hoping to do a weekly single dose due to work commits?




    J

    Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10 using Tapatalk
    May i know where u got this i go to their online store cant seems to find

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    25
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Lushgro KNO3 solution

    Just call them directly o

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    25
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Lushgro KNO3 solution

    Quote Originally Posted by Goalkeeper View Post
    nice bucep tank you have. How long does it take to grow so bushy / compact??
    Sorry didn't see your post Goalkeeper.

    It's actually many many different buces collected over a year and tied to lava rocks placed strategically on few driftwood platforms. Gives a somewhat dense effect.

    Buces are slow growers and tend to have Mr Blackbeard visit occasionally when things arent balanced. That's why I am exploring EI to hopefully resolve that

    J


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    426
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Lushgro KNO3 solution

    Indeed mr Blackbeard likes them. I got the same problem too but found that if I dose excel alternate days it goes away.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •