8 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Sulawesi rocks scape

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi, you’re right that the filter comes with 16/22 hoses. I’ve not used any lily pipes for this setup though, as I like the black pipes and the interlocking mechanism offered to connect the inlet and outlet snugly together.

That’s an good question, but I don’t see any means to just use a set of inlets/outlets from my usage so far. Will be great if there’s a means for that though. Currently one set of inlet/outlets are used to drive the chiller and the Co2 inline diffuser, so the flow is significantly reduced for that particular outflow (if flow is a concern).

Yeah, I got it for slightly less than 400.

Quote Originally Posted by NanoScaper View Post
    blu3her0, your filter piqued my interest when I found out that it comes with two sets of inlets/outlets.

I visited the manufacturer's website and found some info about the Aquael UNIMAX 500 but I hope you don't mind me asking you more about it.

1. I wanted to ask you what's the inlet/outlet hose size and found out it's actually 16/22mm. Have you tried using a hose of that size and lily pipes for this filter?
    2. If I only want to use only one set of inlet/outlet, will it be possible to disable the other set of inlet/outlet? Just asking in case that option is required.
    3. Any other issues you have with using this filter? Or, what features do you like on this filter compared to other filters you've used?
    4. Price is about $300+, correct?

Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Now that the tank is almost ready (or perhaps not since I will be adding more plants along the way), I’ll be looking into adding more livestock. Currently the cleaning crew consisting of 3 otocinclus, 10 nerite snails, 10 yamatoes have been doing their job well. Will wish to add some nice fish to fit the scape (but must be able to take high flow though).

Tucano tetras are top of the list, but not too sure how they’ll fare in a high flow tank. Anyone with experiences with them in high flow setups?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by blu3her0 View Post
    Now that the tank is almost ready (or perhaps not since I will be adding more plants along the way), I’ll be looking into adding more livestock. Currently the cleaning crew consisting of 3 otocinclus, 10 nerite snails, 10 yamatoes have been doing their job well. Will wish to add some nice fish to fit the scape (but must be able to take high flow though).

Tucano tetras are top of the list, but not too sure how they’ll fare in a high flow tank. Anyone with experiences with them in high flow setups?

Following you on fauna to add.
    My Glowlight danio definitely enjoyed my flow.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

How the inlet/outlets are placed

Hi, you’re right that the filter comes with 16/22 hoses. I’ve not used any lily pipes for this setup though, as I like the black pipes and the interlocking mechanism offered to connect the inlet and outlet snugly together.

That’s an good question, but I don’t see any means to just use a set of inlets/outlets from my usage so far. Will be great if there’s a means for that though. Currently one set of inlet/outlets are used to drive the chiller and the Co2 inline diffuser, so the flow is significantly reduced for that particular outflow (if flow is a concern).

Yeah, I got it for slightly less than 400.
    Thanks for clarifying the things I asked earlier.

How the inlet/outlets are placed

Thank you for also providing these photos of how you utilize both sets of inlet/outlet.

May I ask, is there any particular reason why you place both sets of inlet/outlet at one corner?

I've always thought that two sets of inlet/outlet is better utilize if they are placed like the image below.

Image from Aquasabi (Water flow in the aquarium).

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

You’re most welcome! I placed the inlets/outlets in this manner because I wish to hide them (the pipes being at 16/22 are thick and bulky in a 2 feet setup) also because the flow from just one (hidden behind) is strong enough on its own to go around the tank (the other have a reduced flow due to it passing through a chiller and the inline CO2 diffuser).

You’re most welcome! I placed the inlets/outlets in this manner because I wish to hide them (the pipes being at 16/22 are thick and bulky in a 2 feet setup) also because the flow from just one (hidden behind) is strong enough on its own to go around the tank (the other have a reduced flow due to it passing through a chiller and the inline CO2 diffuser).

Ah, I understand now. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Trying out some fancy tiger gene shrimps from a breeder friend. 5th day in the tank, and it foraging all over. Keeping my fingers crossed, if all goes well might just get an army of wine reds to add some specks of redness in the tank

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Trying out some fancy tiger gene shrimps from a breeder friend. 5th day in the tank, and it foraging all over. Keeping my fingers crossed, if all goes well might just get an army of wine reds to add some specks of redness in the tank

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Finally got the livestock I want:
    1. Pair of apisto caca
    2. 10 pieces of tucano tetras

Loving the activity in the tank!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Added in some livestock!
    1. A pair of apisto caca
    2 10 pieces of tucano tetras

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

are the plants at the back hygrophila?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by jermseah View Post
    are the plants at the back hygrophila?
    Oh yes, they help to absorb excess nutrients and they grow really fast

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi,

Any more update since?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

How are the tucano tetras doing in a high flow set up?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123