Country
    Singapore

Betta with cleaning crew?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

Anyone keep snails or Yamato shrimps with betta?

I added a 1 inch zebra nerite snail yesterday. This morning noticed the snail stayed at a corner and inactive. My betta kept patron near the snail, only after my lighting is on, the snail started to move abit, but when I came home the snail was upside down. I turned it over and the snail still remain inactive for 15mins. So I decided to take out to test if it's still alive, and place it inside my shrimp tank. The snail started moving in couple of mins

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Betta with cleaning crew?

The bettas I've kept seem mostly fine with all sorts of snails. But shrimps seem to be out of the question - even if the shrimp is too big to be eaten (like yamato and 'feeder' glass shrimps), the betta usually keep disturbing and chasing them until they die, or jump out of the tank, unless you have a large tank with lots of hiding places where the shrimps can retreat to.
    Small is beautiful.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Trichopsis View Post
    The bettas I've kept seem mostly fine with all sorts of snails. But shrimps seem to be out of the question - even if the shrimp is too big to be eaten (like yamato and 'feeder' glass shrimps), the betta usually keep disturbing and chasing them until they die, or jump out of the tank, unless you have a large tank with lots of hiding places where the shrimps can retreat to.
    Wow! Great info. Thanks. My betta tank only 25*25*30 cm, think i will go with snails only. Thanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

with snails might be a problem when the ph gets too low. so maintain your ph for snail to thrive.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by longkanghee View Post
    with snails might be a problem when the ph gets too low. so maintain your ph for snail to thrive.
    Sure. thanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

My betta killed an adult size nerite snail.... he thought biting her was to say “HI”.....