Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Dwarf hairgrass turning yellow

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    17
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Dwarf hairgrass turning yellow

    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

    Advertise here

    Advertise here
    Hi guys,

    I planted DHG in a newly setup tank about 5 days ago. It is sending out runners, but some parts are turning yellow. Is this from melting to adjust to my water parameters or is there some other cause for concern?

    Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    182
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Dwarf hairgrass turning yellow

    I got the similar problem, mine not even having runners.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    182
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Dwarf hairgrass turning yellow



    Mine is getting pale day by day and then floats to the top. Doesn't seems to be rooting.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    33
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Dwarf hairgrass turning yellow

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint888 View Post


    Mine is getting pale day by day and then floats to the top. Doesn't seems to be rooting.
    Correct lighting will help DHG in sending out runner. When I first started DHG, like you, totally no runners at all. Then I find out that my lighting not strong enough to penetrate into soil to encourage plant growing. During my 2nd try, I changed my light to Hi lumen 60. It works and within 1 week, DHG starts to send out runners


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    182
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Dwarf hairgrass turning yellow

    Cool, thanks! Gonna hurt my pocket again, if i gonna buy another light

    Quote Originally Posted by KopiC View Post
    Correct lighting will help DHG in sending out runner. When I first started DHG, like you, totally no runners at all. Then I find out that my lighting not strong enough to penetrate into soil to encourage plant growing. During my 2nd try, I changed my light to Hi lumen 60. It works and within 1 week, DHG starts to send out runners


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    33
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Dwarf hairgrass turning yellow

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint888 View Post
    Cool, thanks! Gonna hurt my pocket again, if i gonna buy another light
    Check with more experience plant player here before u purchase ur light. Cos too much light will cause even more problem. Who know u just need to add 1 more similar light to ur current set up than buying a strong light that cost double? What light u are using now?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    182
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Dwarf hairgrass turning yellow

    It's nana light for the 60cm brought from fishy business, btw currently I'm only on 5 hours lighting, maybe i should increase the duration first? 'Cos i worry about algae

    Quote Originally Posted by KopiC View Post
    Check with more experience plant player here before u purchase ur light. Cos too much light will cause even more problem. Who know u just need to add 1 more similar light to ur current set up than buying a strong light that cost double? What light u are using now?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    17
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Dwarf hairgrass turning yellow

    You can try increasing your lighting by 15 min, then watch for a few days, then increase again until you reach 6-8 hours. But if your light isn't strong enough, a longer photoperiod won't help your DHG.

    Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    182
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Dwarf hairgrass turning yellow

    Thanks! I will try it

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackStar7 View Post
    You can try increasing your lighting by 15 min, then watch for a few days, then increase again until you reach 6-8 hours. But if your light isn't strong enough, a longer photoperiod won't help your DHG.

    Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    33
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Dwarf hairgrass turning yellow

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackStar7 View Post
    Hi guys,

    I planted DHG in a newly setup tank about 5 days ago. It is sending out runners, but some parts are turning yellow. Is this from melting to adjust to my water parameters or is there some other cause for concern?Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
    Likely your DHG is going through the transition stage. As long it is sending out runners, it mean your light is able to penetrate into soil. But take note of the melting area, cut it away if got sign or rotting. If not fungus or mould will grow on it.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    182
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Dwarf hairgrass turning yellow

    Thanks for the tip kopiC

    Quote Originally Posted by KopiC View Post
    Likely your DHG is going through the transition stage. As long it is sending out runners, it mean your light is able to penetrate into soil. But take note of the melting area, cut it away if got sign or rotting. If not fungus or mould will grow on it.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    44
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Dwarf hairgrass turning yellow

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint888 View Post
    It's nana light for the 60cm brought from fishy business, btw currently I'm only on 5 hours lighting, maybe i should increase the duration first? 'Cos i worry about algae

    Hi, using the same product as yours. Strangely, also no luck with dwarf hairgrass. More success with mc...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    182
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Dwarf hairgrass turning yellow

    Now mine starting to root, I tried to turn the timing to around 6 hours, also i do a very minimal dosage of ADA brightly K and ADA Step 1 fert. I only did one pump for each and only do dosing twice a week. Fingers crossed. But it does take a very long time to root. Also I took out the fish that keeps uprooting my drawf hg, hopefully i see results in another one month time.

    Quote Originally Posted by toolkit View Post
    Hi, using the same product as yours. Strangely, also no luck with dwarf hairgrass. More success with mc...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •