Country
    Singapore

Exclamation Baby RES / Terrapin help

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys,

I'm a new owner of a baby RES I bought on 21st July. Since then, my RES had not been eating.. till date only seen it eat like 5 times. I tired various method. I soaked pallets from zoomed and nutrafin into tuna water .. dry shrimps(ate the first time i feed it and subsequently ignoring it).. it all didn't work ..

I saw from a lot of forum saying that most of the RES that people owned are always begging for food.. however my RES is like always sleeping on the basking dock, and seldom go down to the water ..

My RES is about 5 cm long. Whenever i feed him i'll pick him up and put him in a different container to feed. Sometimes i have to "wake him up" if not he will just stay still closing the eye ..

He had always been like this since i bought him..

I'm not sure what to do. Can anyone please help and advise me.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Baby RES / Terrapin help

Maybe your terrapin is sick. (You said he did eat first few times, so that means it was still okay earlier).

Usually people tend to give them a lot if food until it turns them off. The trick to feeding a pet is to offer small tiny motsrels at a time. This way, the pet will be trained to bond with you. But if you leave big chunks of good food for it, it will be a problem. Also, do not disturb or handle it too much as it will stress it and it will not recovered from the stress for some time. To the animal, it does not know you are a friend. Any disturbance will stress it! Better to leave it alone until it is willing to look around for food.
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!