Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: A new 2 Ft Iwagumi tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Looks like I will get my kn03 from them as well. Can I have the link to order online? They provide delivery? I still finding ways to deal with the algae I facing. Maybe will try the 1-2 punch h2o2 method by tom barr since no live stock in my tank yet. His method can help to get rib most type of algae issue. Thank a lot for answering bro
    Last edited by KopiC; 17th Sep 2017 at 13:07.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by KopiC View Post
    You mean u are using the same lighting? I think for DSM for hairgrass, dun trim the hair grass and just plant them straight away is better. Cos eventually they have to regrow again to curtain height before they send out runner to spread sideways. Those I trimmed before planting are sending out runner now when they reached the height before I cut them. I also face melting and rotten leave at during dry start and 1 month no progress. With melting and rotten leave during dry start, fizzy cotton like substance are growing on those leave. Compare to 2nd batch that I just plant them straight away, they send out runner on the 2nd weeks. They dun even melt and adapt very well. Conclusion is YouTube DSM for hairgrass dun seem to be effective for me. Lol....

A bro here using DSM are growing very well for DHG. I think he also never trim them before planting. With good lighting, they will grow fast. Regret not reading his post and wasted my 1 month.

http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...Hairgrass-Tank
    Hi, only same tank dimension. I uses chihiros light fixture. I bought my DHG from topica brand, the roots was pretty short, so i just split them into small patch and plant them straight. I think got to do with my lighting. I pull out the last surviving bunch into a small container and leave them at a corner away from my lighting and it still survivng...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by TTerry View Post
    Hi, only same tank dimension. I uses chihiros light fixture. I bought my DHG from topica brand, the roots was pretty short, so i just split them into small patch and plant them straight. I think got to do with my lighting. I pull out the last surviving bunch into a small container and leave them at a corner away from my lighting and it still survivng...
    That 1-2 steps tropica in small container? I have no luck on that in my first tank. FYI that one is for easy maintain. They won't grow tall than 2 cm from what the LSF told me. If you changed new light and success in growing that, next time I can try in my smaller tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

That 1-2 steps tropica in small container? I have no luck on that in my first tank. FYI that one is for easy maintain. They won't grow tall than 2 cm from what the LSF told me. If you changed new light and success in growing that, next time I can try in my smaller tank

Yes, "Tropica" 1-2-grow. i will definitely try them again. Next try I will follow Torque6's advises on DHG.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Looks like I will get my kn03 from them as well. Can I have the link to order online? They provide delivery? I still finding ways to deal with the algae I facing. Maybe will try the 1-2 punch h2o2 method by tom barr since no live stock in my tank yet. His method can help to get rib most type of algae issue. Thank a lot for answering bro
    Any improvements from last month?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by torque6 View Post
    Hi all. An update from my last post till today. After posting my algae problem at here and some other fish forum, no ppl could tell me what type of algae I am facing and the respond simply less than 5 people. So no choice, I have to test out some solutions I discovered online.

I brought 3 horned nitrate snail and throw inside the tank, then Follow blackout method. For 4 days, I did not touch the tank. On the 5th day when I opened the tank, the BGA on the glass is gone. I can see the snails crawling on the tank surface. So is either blackout method works, if not is the snails doing a great job. However, the algae on the substrate and rocks remain unchanged. So blackout method did not totally solve my problem.

Next, after research online, I discovered another method which I think many of you should know: 1-2 punch method using hydrogen peroxide. This method seems to be a better option than buying chemiclean which cost $35 and will hurt the good bacteria in tank. So I get a bottle of HP solution from pharmacy which cost me less than $10 for 500ml. For a 2ft tank, the amount of HP solution I need to use is around 200ml. I used a syringe, bits by bits spray the solution onto the rocks, plants and substrate (Pls search online for a clear instructions if you want to use this method, is damn too long to type every thing).

After 2 days, the algae started to turn white and dying. This 1-2 punch method indeed really works!!! But..... here come another problem.... the dying algae, become like cotton stick on the plants and above substrate and formed a web surface. Some rotten plant also become moldy. All I can do is manually remove them which is impossible. After research online, most answers I got is, just leave it alone. It is a process of breaking down of dying organisms in tank. Something like a dead fish will grow mold then break down itself. It is quite irritating to see the whole tank moldy. But no choice, only can just wait for it to clean up itself. I brought 4 Yamato shrimps and throw inside to soles up the process since they are good tank cleaners.

After 2 weeks, every thing back to normal and till date, the water remain crystal clear and algae free. DHG also spreading. Till date I have not trim them at all. I doing 30% water change weekly. Yesterday I just throw in 5 tetras to test water first. Will slowly increase the numbers.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by torque6 View Post
    Hi all. An update from my last post till today. After posting my algae problem at here and some other fish forum, no ppl could tell me what type of algae I am facing and the respond simply less than 5 people. So no choice, I have to test out some solutions I discovered online.

I brought 3 horned nitrate snail and throw inside the tank, then Follow blackout method. For 4 days, I did not touch the tank. On the 5th day when I opened the tank, the BGA on the glass is gone. I can see the snails crawling on the tank surface. So is either blackout method works, if not is the snails doing a great job. However, the algae on the substrate and rocks remain unchanged. So blackout method did not totally solve my problem.

Next, after research online, I discovered another method which I think many of you should know: 1-2 punch method using hydrogen peroxide. This method seems to be a better option than buying chemiclean which cost $35 and will hurt the good bacteria in tank. So I get a bottle of HP solution from pharmacy which cost me less than $10 for 500ml. For a 2ft tank, the amount of HP solution I need to use is around 200ml. I used a syringe, bits by bits spray the solution onto the rocks, plants and substrate (Pls search online for a clear instructions if you want to use this method, is damn too long to type every thing).

After 2 days, the algae started to turn white and dying. This 1-2 punch method indeed really works!!! But..... here come another problem.... the dying algae, become like cotton stick on the plants and above substrate and formed a web surface. Some rotten plant also become moldy. All I can do is manually remove them which is impossible. After research online, most answers I got is, just leave it alone. It is a process of breaking down of dying organisms in tank. Something like a dead fish will grow mold then break down itself. It is quite irritating to see the whole tank moldy. But no choice, only can just wait for it to clean up itself. I brought 4 Yamato shrimps and throw inside to speed up the process since they are good tank cleaners.

After 2 weeks, every thing back to normal and till date, the water remain crystal clear and algae free. DHG also spreading. Till date I have not trim them at all. I doing 30% water change weekly. Yesterday I just throw in 5 tetras to test water first. Will slowly increase the numbers.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

If 1-2 punch works, means not BGA. Glad things are working out now.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Just lower the intensity of your led and the algae will be gone

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

A new 2 Ft Iwagumi tank

An overall view of my tank till date. Hairgrass is thick, fishes and shrimps are healthy. Weekly 30% water change, monthly washing of canister+filter piping+ trimming of hairgrass

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Was wondering when you are going to update the tank. Congratulations bro. You did it.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

An overall view of my tank till date. Hairgrass is thick, fishes and shrimps are healthy. Weekly 30% water change, monthly washing of canister+filter piping+ trimming of hairgrass

nice man... congrats on ur successful tank

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12