Country
    Singapore

internal overflow slump

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

i am currently using a Fluval C3 for my 2ft fish tank and a Sunsun 603B for my 1.5ft terrapin tank.

Planing to get a customized 100-110 cm tank with an internal overflow slump.(never have experience with it but read raving reviews about it )
    Anyone has experience with internal overflow slump? is 15-20 cm sufficient/too much?

The tank will be planted.
    Fishes will mainly be bottom dwellers - mixture of corydoras, couple of otos and probably smaller size plecos such as L183 along with some tetras

Any advice for a newbie to take note? Will prefer to hear experience of owners vs the sales man speech.

Appreciate it!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: internal overflow slump

Internal overflow system , which is connected to a sump . What is the 15 - 20cm you mentioned ? This type of tank is usually being used for marine tank but also can be used for planted too ! The internal portion of the Internal Overflow System , IOS , do take up some real estate ie , space in the tank so will affect your planted tank aquascaping so be aware that you will have lesser space to aquascape compared to a normal rectangular tank without an ios portion .
    Last edited by BFG; 16th Sep 2017 at 06:53.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thank you BFG for the reply.

Initially we wanted a partition - 4ft cabinet with a 3 ft tank, 1 ft for storage beside the tank. Alternatively, it will be a 100cm tank excluding the ios which probably will be around 15-20cm?
    The sales person kept encouraging me to get Oase canister instead of IOS. Told me slump is not popular etc etc.(probably more work)

The reason for considering IOS is the flexibility in medias. clean up and add on seems less hazardous + no piping etc. Moreover any changes in project down the road will be easier ( i assume )
    Most importantly, my Finance officer(wife) prefers to have the bottom cabinet all to herself. lol

Any good company to recommend that is price reasonably and have good experience in setting up IOS? Would love to seek their opinion in the set up.

thanks and enjoy your weekend

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Just do a search and read their review , my last custom tank was built back in 2006 but the tankmaker is not in the tank making line anymore . Actually , the word to use is SUMP , not SLUMP . With a internal overflow system , the bottom area in the cabinet will also include another tank , which is the sump , where all your filter media will be located so I do not understand how your wife would want to use the bottom cabinet all to herself .

I do apologise if I took too long to reply as I am working the night shift this week .
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Internal overflow sump or IOS in local tank builder term is having one side of the partitioned off to act as a filter. there is no bottom sump tank.

l used one before as a planted tank. lf you order one tell them to skip the bottom intake. Overfow from the top will do.
    Suckerfish no eat poo poo.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Is this what you're refering to ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Alantpcb View Post

Is this what you're refering to ?

Yes Yes! similar concept. But planning to have it along the width instead. Where did you have it customized? Do they do customized cabinet too? Thank you!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by bryan View Post
    Internal overflow sump or IOS in local tank builder term is having one side of the partitioned off to act as a filter. there is no bottom sump tank.

l used one before as a planted tank. lf you order one tell them to skip the bottom intake. Overfow from the top will do.
    Yup yup. Similar to what Alantpcb has posted.

Thanks BFG for the correction. It is sump not slump lol

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by ruggerking View Post
    Yes Yes! similar concept. But planning to have it along the width instead. Where did you have it customized? Do they do customized cabinet too? Thank you!
    Any tank maker can do, very easy and simple,just draw what you want and they follow thats all.