Country
    Singapore

growing flowers/gardening

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hey,

any one here apart from growing aquaticplants, do gardening too? As in gardening within the confines of the balcony? i know elmike does (from his pics he has a lush green balcony)

Im looking at trying to grow flowers from seeds but i do not know if it is feasible in the climate of ours?

jiesheng

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    ME!!!
    and..the..answer..is..yes.....well..mostly..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    elmike is an avid houseplanter... i make do with scrapings picked up from the nearby dump....

there's actually a good local forum for gardening here: http://www.greenculturesg.com/forum/

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hey thanks alot budak. i didnt know there was such a forum and wow.
    looks like i might switch to the "brightest" side. no algae no Co2, etc

anyway congrats on having the blog-of-the-week thingy.

jiesheng

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by budak
    elmike is an avid houseplanter... i make do with scrapings picked up from the nearby dump....

there's actually a good local forum for gardening here: http://www.greenculturesg.com/forum/
    Budak,

Thanks for the help!

Wilson

Good to find this thread here. I've just started growing stuff from seeds again. Got a bumper crop of petunia seedlings... Anyone wants some?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    i also have my own "garden" in the balcony, and yes, along my "personal" corridor ;p lucky my neighbour quite understanding never complain so messy.

i have HELICONIAS!
    Newbie in Aquatic Tank Setup....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I'm currently TRYING to make a mini garden in my balcony and still learning with the plants name and their maintenance. Plants are normally bought. Yeah, perhaps may try to grow from seedlings in future.

If I may share, the pic below is taken in March this year. You can see I have two 2.5 ft tanks there. Now, there are more big plants that provide shade to the tanks from direct sunlight. So far, no algae

Currently trying to find out more about orchids.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    so nice, your balcony. i tried to create "open concept" balcony w/o installing the window. after putting too many plants, i find them too messy cos my soil always managed to spill out when watering. hehe

now most of my plants in the corridor outside.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by yokogi
    so nice, your balcony. i tried to create "open concept" balcony w/o installing the window. after putting too many plants, i find them too messy cos my soil always managed to spill out when watering. hehe

now most of my plants in the corridor outside.
    Thanx yokogi. I always like 'open concept'....and I agree with you that watering the plants will somehow dirty the balcony tiles. I usually water the tiles when the sand/dirt gets too obvious.

I have not tried 'flowering plants' just yet. Hope to do some reading on them and have some soon.....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by aizaspurz
    Thanx yokogi. I always like 'open concept'....and I agree with you that watering the plants will somehow dirty the balcony tiles. I usually water the tiles when the sand/dirt gets too obvious.

I have not tried 'flowering plants' just yet. Hope to do some reading on them and have some soon.....

i like open concept balcony too. and you "must be a young couple" too........just like what my middle-aged neighbour told me when they dropped by to visit ;p

i love fu gui hua but one pot just died due to rotting roots tried to plant sunflower the stalk can't grow strong. jasmine seems easy though.