Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Is branded hang filter worth its price?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Is branded hang filter worth its price?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Planning to add a hang filter to my 2ft, just wondering is Eheim worth the price? which cost x3 more than those made in Taiwan brand.
    saw someone posted that hang filter lose power after some time, will Eheim liberty justify the price?
    any recommendation?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    answer: yes. I bought countless hang on top filters for my smaller tanks tossing them out each and everytime they failed , overheated , priming difficulties , cleaning difficulties or generally made too much noise. I now have 3 eheim filters in total (2 bought second hand)

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by loupgarou
    answer: yes. I bought countless hang on top filters for my smaller tanks tossing them out each and everytime they failed , overheated , priming difficulties , cleaning difficulties or generally made too much noise. I now have 3 eheim filters in total (2 bought second hand)
    I agree. Eheim filter is the best (I'm not working for Eheim anyway but just personal experience!)
    The More You Share, The More You Have

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Eheim just make better pumps. The liberty series, I have used the 200 and I have no complain with the pump. My only complain is the media bypass, some how, I think that is not the best design that they could come out with. I ended up making my own modification.

Eheim to me is the only brand that is really worth its second hand price. So to know if Eheim pump is worth its salt, get a second hand one and see for yourself.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    thanks everybody for the advice.

will shop for liberty this coming weekend. any recommendation for a 2ft tank? is the liberty100 good enough for mainly shrimps, cories, tetra?

thanks again.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I would always recommend get the biggest which is 200 as you can always turn it down to a trickle if you want, why don't you look for 2nd hand ones. Bigger better more space ... more media.