Country
    Singapore

How much Soil

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hey guys,

New to scaping but really interested. I have a 5 x 2 x 2 tank and hope to plant it without chiller and co2.

Do i need to purely fill the base with soil which is a hell lot! Or can i fill the bottom with some trays like egg trays etc and fill up with some gravel then soil?

Which way works best?

And can anyone reccomend any carpet crass and plants that can survive well without chiller n co2?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: How much Soil

I use "egg crates", garden cells and lava chips before filling up my tank with soil.
    "Egg crates" 1st layer(bottom) - prevent any hardscape(rocks) from dropping and breaking glass. Garden cells - elevate hardscapes. Lava rocks to fill up space hence lesser soil need to be used and also housing BB.
    Thats how i did mine. Hope this helps! Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Im new to aquascaping. And this is my first and only planted tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

For carpet plant without co2 inject, I recommend Monte Carlo. Done it before, but liquid carbon still needed maybe twice a week. But if u compare it with co2 injection, the leaves will be smaller. Btw nice setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonsai View Post
    Hey guys,

New to scaping but really interested. I have a 5 x 2 x 2 tank and hope to plant it without chiller and co2.

Do i need to purely fill the base with soil which is a hell lot! Or can i fill the bottom with some trays like egg trays etc and fill up with some gravel then soil?

Which way works best?

And can anyone reccomend any carpet crass and plants that can survive well without chiller n co2?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

The egg crates are more for protection in case you drop a rock into the tank. To build height, look for volcanic rock already prepacked in mesh bags as filter media. Like sand bags, easy to put in and remove next time.
    Suckerfish no eat poo poo.