Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Long-time looker, first time poster :)

Feedback Score
    Country
    United States

Long-time looker, first time poster :)

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hello everyone. I've been stalking this forum for a while, and found the information I receive here to be very helpful. I've been keeping fish "seriously" if you will, for about 6 years now. I officially caught the bug! I went from a single 15 gallon tank to a full fishroom and breeding setup with multiple species My greatest passion, when it comes to fish, anyway, is wild type bettas, particularly mouthbrooding bettas. I guess I like the idea of the male of the species having to be the one who gets pregnant I have a particular preference for biotope aquaria as well. I find setting up a true biotope to be challenging and rewarding.

I currently keep a variety of species including guppies, CPDs, Betta rubra, Betta enisae, Betta dimidiata, Boraras maculatus, N. depressifrons, Knight gobies, (the depressifrons and knight gobies are in a soon-to-be brackish tank) and I'll be getting Neoheterandria elegans this week. My husband and I also have a goldfish pond. We are planning to add Scarlet Badis and possibly a halfbeak species to our setup as well. I also hope to add Betta mahachaeiensis in the near future.

I'm about to start line-breeding my guppies again, so that should be interesting and a bit messy

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi! I have a question regarding my most recent biotope project so I will be posting that along with a video elsewhere on the forum.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Long-time looker, first time poster :)

Hi there! Welcome!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi and welcome. Newbie myself. Managed to breed your wild bettas? Still waiting for my betta tussyae pair to make me a grandpa!

Feedback Score
    Country
    United States

Wow, the system *just* told me you had all replied.

I am actually looking for feedback on a biotope I created here (video linked)
    http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...otope-Aquarium

I do still need some help with it as I haven't been able to determine if the B. dimidiata would be found in the same location as the B. enisae.

Feedback Score
    Country
    United States

Wow, the system *just* told me you had all replied.I am actually looking for feedback on a biotope I created here (video linked)http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...otope-AquariumI do still need some help with it as I haven't been able to determine if the B. dimidiata would be found in the same location as the B. enisae.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Nice! How big is the tank?

Feedback Score
    Country
    United States

I've updated the biotope thread