Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Dwarf gouramis

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hey anyone has any experience with dwarf gouramis? I need some advise on this breed.

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Dwarf gouramis

The males fight so keep more females than males. Greedy at feeding time. I had a solo one in a community tank with neon tetras and endlers and they had a hard time getting to the pellets before him. Bullied them sometimes so I gave him away to wet market fish store.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by kklim View Post
    The males fight so keep more females than males. Greedy at feeding time. I had a solo one in a community tank with neon tetras and endlers and they had a hard time getting to the pellets before him. Bullied them sometimes so I gave him away to wet market fish store.
    My male DG stressed out and killed 2 females. Prevented them from eating as well as surfacing to breathe. I was thinking of putting him together with my 8 dwarf puffers so they can stress him out by nipping at his fins.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Doublefilletmeal View Post
    Hey anyone has any experience with dwarf gouramis? I need some advise on this breed.

Comes in mainly 3 varieties. Neon(original), powder blue and red. Very beautiful.

Aggressive eater, smart and very hardy fish. Resistance to ich. Can throw into most tank without much concern.

Territorial. Will chase other species of guorami around. But wont be able to hurt them much.

Built bubble nest around floating objects. Some times tear up weak plant to make its floating bubble nest.

Predator. Dont keep with small shrimps or small fish.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk