Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: 12L Nano Ryoboku Tank "Redwood" Journal

12L Nano Ryoboku Tank "Redwood" Journal

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    The term DSM gets tossed around often in aquascaping and I'm curious to know how it works. So, I gave it a try with my nano Ryoboku tank.

My Current Journals: Nano Ryoboku Tank | Nano Iwagumi Tank | Nano Shrimp Tank

My name is Rezdwan Hamid but you can call me Wan.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: 12L Nano Ryoboku Tank "Redwood" Journal

Another good works of yours, bro!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Planted Tank Journal: litiaquaria.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel on Planted Tank: YouTube . Please subscribe!

Quote Originally Posted by jackychun View Post
    Another good works of yours, bro!

Thank you, jackychun. Glad you like it.

I have a question, though. The Alternanthera wasn't in the best condition when I bought it but the stems and roots were still good. I trimmed off the leaves leaving only the root and stem then planted it. How long do you think it should take for the leaves to grow back?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by NanoScaper View Post

I have a question, though. The Alternanthera wasn't in the best condition when I bought it but the stems and roots were still good. I trimmed off the leaves leaving only the root and stem then planted it. How long do you think it should take for the leaves to grow back?
    If only the stems and roots left, it might take longer time for leaves to bounce back and also has chance of it to be died off, too. Now the nutrient taken is mostly from the substrate via roots only. I have experience with the Rotala Rotundifolia type, only stems and roots left, still, it can bounce back nicely within a week or two. So just need to observe your plants too. Keep us updated with your great videos, bro.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by NanoScaper View Post

If only the stems and roots left, it might take longer time for leaves to bounce back and also has chance of it to be died off, too. Now the nutrient taken is mostly from the substrate via roots only. I have experience with the Rotala Rotundifolia type, only stems and roots left, still, it can bounce back nicely within a week or two. So just need to observe your plants too. Keep us updated with your great videos, bro.

Alright then. Let's hope the plants will bounce back eventually. I'll monitor it for another week or two before deciding what to do next.

Thanks, jackychun. Definitely will continue doing updated videos.

Cheers!

Almost all plants are doing well in my nano Ryoboku tank after four weeks. The Alternanthera melted but I had them replaced with a new pot.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

The tank is so nicely grown, bro!

The tank is so nicely grown, bro!

Thanks, jackychun. I planted three clumps of Staurogyne but I can only see one now. I think the other two clumps got "overwhelmed" by the Micranthemum. Will try to find it again at the next trimming.