Country
    Singapore

Planted tank 2 feet

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all,

i am deciding to get my own 2 feet tank for my own place.

Looking to carpet glosso mainly.

Can veterans advise me which size will be better?

60 x 30 x 36

60 x 45 x 45?

The following equipment i have or intend to purchase:

1 Litre CO2 tank
    Intense Solenoid+Regulator
    Oase Biomaster 250
    Zet UFO Light (Still undecided on this 1, not sure brightness can penetrate a 45 cm heigh tank?)

Re: Planted tank 2 feet

Based on water volume alone, most will recommend that you'd get the 60x45x45cm tank which holds about 112L compared to 60L for the 60x30x36cm. Are you going for any particular style of aquascaping or what type of tank will it be for?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by NanoScaper View Post
    Based on water volume alone, most will recommend that you'd get the 60x45x45cm tank which holds about 112L compared to 60L for the 60x30x36cm. Are you going for any particular style of aquascaping or what type of tank will it be for?
    Thanks for taking time to reply.

Yes I will be using for aquascaping. Probably dutchstyle.

Any recommendation on lights ? For a 45 cm depth tank ?

Quote Originally Posted by GiantMeatball View Post
    Thanks for taking time to reply. Yes I will be using for aquascaping. Probably dutchstyle. Any recommendation on lights ? For a 45 cm depth tank ?
    Ah, Dutch style aquascape. I hope to try it in the future. Have been reading lots of articles and looking at photos/videos of Dutch aquascapes but I still don't get it. Here's a link about Dutch style aquascaping that I want to share with you.

Dutch Style Aquarium.

Since it usually features lots of stem plants, I think a 60x45x45cm tank will make a good canvas. Oh, and if you're going to add a background, choose black. Looks so nice for a Dutch aquascape.

As for the lights, my recommendation would be to buy the brightest light that fits your tank and budget. But, it must come with at least one of these features.

1. Adjustable Brightness - Either the light comes with a dimmer or get a third-party one.
    2. Adjustable Height - Those pendant style lights that you hang over your tank or stands that you can move the lights up and down.

Saves you the dilemma of having too little or too much light for your tank.

Hope that helps.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

60x45x45 has always been an unpopular size tank. It has the depth but does not have the width for aquascaping. You can just google ADA 60-H and see the scapes for yourself and compare them to ADA 60-P. If you want to use a height and depth of 45cm, preferable to go 90cm instead of 60cm width. Either that you can custom 60cmx36cmx36 instead. But in my opinion, 2 feet tank is considered nano.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by torque6 View Post
    60x45x45 has always been an unpopular size tank. It has the depth but does not have the width for aquascaping. You can just google ADA 60-H and see the scapes for yourself and compare them to ADA 60-P. If you want to use a height and depth of 45cm, preferable to go 90cm instead of 60cm width. Either that you can custom 60cmx36cmx36 instead. But in my opinion, 2 feet tank is considered nano.
    Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately due space constrain I cannot have a 3 feet at my place.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

If you choose 60x30x36, the lighting options are quite many. I used to get Up Aqua Pro Z-Series, Z20. That was a good LED light.
    Now I am using Chihiros LED A series 601, it is quite a strong light with dimmer control, make it easier to adjust at different plant's needs.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by torque6 View Post
    if you are saying 60.45.45 do not have the width for scaping, wouldn't the standard 2 ft tank be worse off?

Quote Originally Posted by jackychun View Post
    If you choose 60x30x36, the lighting options are quite many. I used to get Up Aqua Pro Z-Series, Z20. That was a good LED light.
    Now I am using Chihiros LED A series 601, it is quite a strong light with dimmer control, make it easier to adjust at different plant's needs.
    I second this. I'm using the Chihiros A601 LED on my 2ft tank too and I'd consider it cheap and good. For it's price it also comes with a dimmer.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Dutch style needs a lot of stem plants, go for 60 30 45, I feel 60 45 45 is out of proportion, may be that just me.

Lighting,
    Twinstar is good for tall tanks
    Followed by chihiros and
    Followed by up z series

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-UL00 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Ok some update. Manage to make space for a 3 feet this time ! So it will be 90x45x45.

I went to take a look at twinstar at 900s, it looks fine but there is no dimmer. Not to mention it is almost 500 dollars. *gasp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Why do you need a dimmer? Dimmer on the chihiros is useless for me. Will you be there always to adjust dimmer manually?

Chihiros is good I agree, just the dimmer control is not practical, its manual.

May be Nemo light or zet light, maxspect is more appropriate if you are looking for mimicing sunrise sunset etc or enjoy the tank at low levels of brightness. Those are auto and customisable.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by madhav96001 View Post
    Why do you need a dimmer? Dimmer on the chihiros is useless for me. Will you be there always to adjust dimmer manually?

Chihiros is good I agree, just the dimmer control is not practical, its manual.

May be Nemo light or zet light, maxspect is more appropriate if you are looking for mimicing sunrise sunset etc or enjoy the tank at low levels of brightness. Those are auto and customisable.

In the event there is a algae outbreak, I can use that feature to have less intensity coupled with shorter light duration ?

Thanks will take a look at nemo and zet again

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Good Light, enough co2 and proper flow to disribute co2 all over the tank, Algae cant survive with fast growing plants. Just start with 4-5 hrs of lighting and increase with the amount of ferts you are adding, u need not worry about algae.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

this is another light I would recommend. you will have full control over the lighting with 4 channels.
    you can control both intensity and time. on/off sunrise sunset effects. I am using this excellent results.
    only setback, it doesnt look professional when using legs.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by madhav96001 View Post
    this is another light I would recommend. you will have full control over the lighting with 4 channels.
    you can control both intensity and time. on/off sunrise sunset effects. I am using this excellent results.
    only setback, it doesnt look professional when using legs.

Thank you. Will check this out too

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Where can I get the CHIHIROS light ? Tks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Where can I get it . Tks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by Dt5335 View Post
    Where can I get the CHIHIROS light ? Tks

You can buy it from NA Thomson Road or even Lazada is also selling it nowadays.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

You can buy it from NA Thomson Road or even Lazada is also selling it nowadays.

Tks bro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast