Country
    Singapore

Question Advice on IOS tank setup

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi seniors,

Planning to get back into planted tank soon once i shift into my new home. Have been playing with the idea of doing a IOS planted tank. Can any IOS users share where to source for one, the overall cost wise on running them? Also, how does one run a chiller with the IOS setup, would that be more hassle free as compared to hooking the chiller to a canister?

My reasons for a IOS setup:

1) Easier to maintain from the IOS compartment (swapping of wool, media etc.)
    2) Trying to get away with using canister, even though I have used ehiem brands in the past (to prevent any unwanted leaking issues while im away)

Thanks in advance for the assistance rendered!

Advice from boss Felix

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Advice on IOS tank setup

To use a chiller in the ios tank , you still need a pump . This pump should be in the last compartment of the ios tank so that it would only pump clean filtered water into the chiller and the output should be directed to the display portion of the ios tank .

As for brand , I've been out of the lfs scene for quite awhile now due to work but you might browse Youtube and see which one suit your fancy while doing your research .
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

hey thanks for the input boss. I will scour the web to find some reading material. As for local tank makers, anyone to suggest so i can get a reasonable quote?

Advice from boss Felix

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi TS,
    did you go through with it? I’m also thinking of doing the same but not chiller, instead a UV light.