Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: How tight should you tie your moss to driftwood?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

How tight should you tie your moss to driftwood?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I recently just tried tying my mosses to my driftwood and noticed just only after less than 1 week some of my mosses are turning brown and already dying.

Should I be tying it very tight?

I'm just using Christmas Moss. Some of it are still green. Maybe 70% green 30% browned. Most brown seems to be around the very tightly tied area.

My water temperature I tend to maintain 26-29. Lights on maybe 4 hours a day (at night) last time. But now turning on small light in the morning.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: How tight should you tie your moss to driftwood?

Browning of moss may not be because you tied it too tight. But I try to go around them firmly but knots tied securely.

26-29 degrees temp are quite far apart. Moss grows best at 26 degrees. Any thing higher than 27 degrees = turn brown also.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: How tight should you tie your moss to driftwood?

Quote Originally Posted by rhexis07 View Post
    I recently just tried tying my mosses to my driftwood and noticed just only after less than 1 week some of my mosses are turning brown and already dying.

Should I be tying it very tight?

I'm just using Christmas Moss. Some of it are still green. Maybe 70% green 30% browned. Most brown seems to be around the very tightly tied area.

My water temperature I tend to maintain 26-29. Lights on maybe 4 hours a day (at night) last time. But now turning on small light in the morning.
    Moss dont turn brown because you tied "too tight".

They turn brown usually due to lack of light.

Are the brown part underneath alot of other moss?

I dont have christmas moss. But the java moss are doing ok in my tank. Temp is about 27, 28 degree Celsius.

Maybe the moss were dried up during handling before you tied them. So after awhile, the dried part died in your tank turning brown.

A remote factor could be the moss is aclimatating to your tank water condition causing some melting.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk