Country
    Singapore

Re: Planted Tank Newbie, 3ft Tank, DSM

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by ross.chang View Post
    Fully agree, not familiar with the chemical route, not sure about the outcome too, thus went with Algae crew and water change (*heavy excel dose before that).

What do you use to scrape the inner glass? those scraper with blade? or just regular sponge attached? The Algae film on my tank's inner glass are gone thanks to the Oto, but now I notice some scatter green spotted dot which the Oto didn't bother touching.
    Fine filter wool (white) will be able to clean green spot algae, no need to use scraper with blade (or you risk scratching your glass).

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Went to QuanHu last weekend (5/5), got a bunch of fish. might wanna add more this weekend see how.

In tank since last weekend:
    13x Rummynose Platinum tetra
    5x Kuhli Loches (barely see them since release into tank. 1 or 2 will come out from the dense bushes once in a blue moon)

Planning this weekend:
    10 ~ 15 cardinal tetra OR harlequin rasbora
    5x Panda Cory

Wondering:
    1x Dwarf Puffler (read that they are fierce, might attack fish, but if in scenario where 1x vs a whole bunch?)
    or
    2x Dwarf Gourami ( 1m, 1f)

Any comments on the match?

Lily pipes & tubes getting algae all over... haiz, need to buy that bendable brush to clean it over the weekend. how often do you clean your lily pipes? do they turn green very often?
    I have a dwarf puffer which is currently in a tank with cardinal tetras and antlers. Up till now I have not seen him Attack the other fishes so I shld say that it is very subjective since some dwarf puffers would Attack the other tank mates while some wouldn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by bryenyeoh3 View Post
    I have a dwarf puffer which is currently in a tank with cardinal tetras and antlers. Up till now I have not seen him Attack the other fishes so I shld say that it is very subjective since some dwarf puffers would Attack the other tank mates while some wouldn’t.
    I used to have a couple of dwarf puffers in my tank of Guoramis. These unassuming little puffer creatures look harmless and even adorable, but not when they are very hungry (no more snails to eat). My tiny puffers managed to nip off all the fins and tails of my big guoramis.

I suppose they are unable to attack fast swimming fish.
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by tetrakid View Post
    I used to have a couple of dwarf puffers in my tank of Guoramis. These unassuming little puffer creatures look harmless and even adorable, but not when they are very hungry (no more snails to eat). My tiny puffers managed to nip off all the fins and tails of my big guoramis.

I suppose they are unable to attack fast swimming fish.
    So how many dwarf puffer vs how many drawf guoramis?

They eat snails? will they nom nom my nitrite snails?

Interesting little buggers ain't they...
    Last edited by ross.chang; 13th May 2018 at 23:01.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Another trip down to Qian Hu, kids just love it there...

got some:
    15x cardinal tetra
    5x Panda Cory

Will think about the D. Gourami OR D. Puffers for a bit first before adding them...

First time major cleaning this weekend,
    50% W.C., Filter wool wash, soak bio filter in fresh waters, clean the lily pipes and hoses, wipe glasses etc...

Didn't had problem with lily pipes removal as per mentioned in many other threads, I guess this is because I'm using the ISTA grey hoses. they are more flex and softer as compare to stock eheim greens, and removing the lily pipes are as easy as a few nudge in and out, see air space between pipe and hose, start to pull.

Was being told an easy way to clean the hose, from a friend: stuff wet tissue into pipes on one end, plug that end into tap, on tap, see tissue got flush thru the pipe cleaning everything within... voila... not satisfied? repeat.

Dunno if it's me, felt the water is clearer that before today, even before W.C. did anyone experience situation like that before?

Question: had 3 mysterious Oto death last few days, and their bodies are always beneath the wave maker head. Bodies all turn white when discovered, and the shrimp are munching it away. Anyone had experience with wavemaker heads and Oto can share some insight? I do notice some of them went adventurous and start to clean the wavemaker head some times.

My kids are ever excited when they see a loach come out in the open: "Daddy~! the snakey is out~!"... lol

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

So how many dwarf puffer vs how many drawf guoramis?

They eat snails? will they nom nom my nitrite snails?

Interesting little buggers ain't they...
    I had a tank full of about 8 Guoramis (l love blue guoramis as their colours really shine at night under flourecsent effect).

You see, those 2 tiny puffers fish ate off all their fins because I didn't have any snails to feed them. I never want to keep puffer fish ever again!
    The blue guoramis fell victim to them because they are graceful and slow swimmers like Bettas, unlike agile fish like tetras, Barb's, etc.
    Last edited by tetrakid; 14th May 2018 at 16:53.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by tetrakid View Post
    I had a tank full of about 8 Guoramis (l love blue guoramis as their colours really shine at night under flourecsent effect).

You see, those 2 tiny puffers fish ate off all their fins because I didn't have any snails to feed them. I never want to keep puffer fish ever again!
    The blue guoramis fell victim to them because they are graceful and slow swimmers like Bettas, unlike agile fish like tetras, Barb's, etc.
    D. Puffer sounds fierce. Will hold back on that, more favorable towards D. Guoramis now. Lets see how after 1 month.

Now that the tank is stocked, started feeding them with tiny pallets. What else should I feed them?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

D. Puffer sounds fierce. Will hold back on that, more favorable towards D. Guoramis now. Lets see how after 1 month.
    I bought the two young puffers because they looked so cute and adorable... didn't know they eat snails ... of all things! 😂

My first experience with puffers is when I caught one about 7inches long at the OLDE Clifford Pier... when I brought it up onto the floor, it blew up into a football size, LOL 😁

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Stem plants taking off. Your foreground plants seems slow growth for some reason.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234