Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Eggs! What do I do?

Eggs! What do I do?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I am new to aquarium, started with a 40L 2 months ago and got another 120L tank when i read i am overstocked (LFS didnt advise me & I didn't do my research first).

I read that rams cannot live together in a tank so I monitored thrir behaviors and intervene (putting a twizer in, knocked the glass, put my hand in to pat the aggressive ones and talk to them or kove them back to the 40L tank as punishment for a few days then move them back again) but I managed to have 2 electric blue rams (dont kmow their sexes), 1 female balloon butterfly ram and a pair of german blue rams.

This morning, i saw a bunch of eggs on the top of the wood, near the air pump outlet. I am not sure who's eggs they are (likely the german blue rams pair). I have a ton of questions, please help:

1. How do i know if they are fertilized?
    2. What do i do next? When will they hatch?
    3. I have an incubator kit bought online (somehow felt thry will lay eggs), when do i use them?
    4. What do i feed them with and when?
    5. Please give me step by step instructions?

Thank you!
    Without Passion, life is only Motion! - Billy Kueek

Re: Eggs! What do I do?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by BillyKueek View Post
    I am new to aquarium, started with a 40L 2 months ago and got another 120L tank when i read i am overstocked (LFS didnt advise me & I didn't do my research first).

I read that rams cannot live together in a tank so I monitored thrir behaviors and intervene (putting a twizer in, knocked the glass, put my hand in to pat the aggressive ones and talk to them or kove them back to the 40L tank as punishment for a few days then move them back again) but I managed to have 2 electric blue rams (dont kmow their sexes), 1 female balloon butterfly ram and a pair of german blue rams.

This morning, i saw a bunch of eggs on the top of the wood, near the air pump outlet. I am not sure who's eggs they are (likely the german blue rams pair). I have a ton of questions, please help:

1. How do i know if they are fertilized?
    2. What do i do next? When will they hatch?
    3. I have an incubator kit bought online (somehow felt thry will lay eggs), when do i use them?
    4. What do i feed them with and when?
    5. Please give me step by step instructions?

Thank you!
    First thing first, are your tanks cycled?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for responding! I've had very good help from a hobbist friend after he knew I got into the hobby and helped with his media "pack". First tank is cycled, 2nd one just cycled. Think the eggs are not hatching this round.